How can we improve Power BI?

Print all pages of a multi-page report

Currently, the Print function only prints the page on the screen. Would like to able to print all pages of a multi-page report.

237 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

John Chan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David Pass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the point in using Power BI if you cannot print to PDF or export to PowerPoint all of the report instead of just the first page that is visible on screen - please can you sort this out as a matter of urgency otherwise I will have to request our company moves away from Power BI to a more user friendly tool.

• Krishna Teja Chavali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Printing multi-page tables is an essential function when embedding Power BI reports in custom applications. Please prioritize this or provide a work around.

• Andrew Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important, I need to move to an alternative tool like zoho reports because of this. Only being able to print a section of data is useless for a report to send.

• Damien Gray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously - what is the point of having software to sort through and analyse masses of data if you can only print out or send to pdf what is on the screen. I may as well go back to pivot tables in excel and print out from there. What a waste of time...

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is making user acceptance a challenge, When business people are on the road they need to present even if connectivity is an issue. Export to PDF with all of the information, not just what shows up on the first screen is mandatory. This functionality is a normal expectation.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just came back from a status meeting and am feeling very frustrated . Our users simply are refusing to accept the fact that you can only print what you can see. Please fix this. Why is this so hard to do ?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is the Power BI team finally developing this functionality? This is holding our company back into adopting Power BI. This functionality is already availble in other solutions.

Please provide this functionality ASAP! This has been an ongoing requirement for years now!

• NTK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been reported again and again in so many ideas. BUT MS is just adamant not to do it. I wonder why!

Really important to be able to print multiple pages from a table/report. This is pretty basic functionality. I want to print whatever else you see if you scroll down

Not being able to print an ENTIRE report instead of a 'PRINT Screen' is holding our company back from adopting Power BI.

Printing and Subscription are basic features in the reporting. Every companies are using this feature and I can not believe these features are not available in Power BI.

by when this can be available, in an end user perspective don't want to go to multiple environments to have the report and as developer perspective why should the same report be developed twice one for power BI and another version in SSRS so that subscribe & scheduling works and an email alert received for user in order to print the report. power BI must have basic functions like printing, exporting and subscribing abilities. it doesn't matter even if it is available in your other products. request to provide it here too.

• Ronald McVicar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can this be done yet? A multi-page report like a Aged Accounts Receivable, etc. Not the specific report but a multi-page report to printer or pdf

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.