How can we improve Power BI?

Consecutive Drilling in Reports

For example, if I have multiple graphs with the Drill mode on, and I drill down 1 of them, I need the other graphs to drill down as well. Not just get filtered.

Please if there is an existing idea for this, let me know!

Thanks

363 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rodrigo Brito commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Other important thing it's that we can control theses interactions instead to apply to all visuals as the actual "Drilling filters other visuals" check box does.

• David Howell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to link drill-down capabilities across visualizations, so that drilling down on one visual also drills down on linked visualizations, would be a great feature. Due to the lack of this capability, I am currently required to disable interactions between drill-down visualizations because it confuses the intended audience.

• terry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could this issue be re-stated as the ability to have visuals with the row level data synced. i.e define your visuals, then have the option to use a "master" visual to determine the row level data being shown.?

• Sky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Drill down doesn't work when you drill say first visual and you expect the other visual to similarly drill down on to the next level. Need an option in the dashboard when you can set up the Dashboard Analytic so all visual can be linked to the same filter/fields or not linked etc.

• Leigh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is getting very complicated now, but I feel that the one option in the format tab isn't the right way. What could be an option (and of course a lot more complicated) is to add to the interactions, a "drill" so that every visual in the group can cause another to drill, or filter, or do nothing, just as they filter or do nothing now.

• hossein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a critical function! Hopefully it will be included in the next update

• Saber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

User interaction on the drill asked by most of end users, waiting for next release.

• Saber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Drill down other charts would cause more understanding of data visualization to the end users.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really important feature as currently it only does half the job and leaves end users confused about where they are and what they have drilled down.

• Mikkel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a critical function! Hopefully it will be included in the next update

• KA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For an end user this would be the more logical way to look at two different visuals with the same drill down as a dimension

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.