How can we improve Power BI?

What-if Parameter Slicer Limitations

What-if Parameter Slicer has a limitation on the number of values. If too many, "Showing Representative Sample" Error appears. It appears that 1,000 values is the limit. Is it possible to expand the limit?

57 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mitchell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Neal Levin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree this is a major limitation. i recommended this to my client only to realize it is too limited to be useful.

• Denis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, cause it's really restrict opportunity to create interesting models. Please, remove this limitation

thx

• Olivier BEAUJEU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everyone,

Yes, limited to 1000 values is a nightmare.
    It is reached really fast.

For example 0 to 100% by 0.1 increment gives 1001 rows :) (reached !)...

Please remove this limit.

Thx

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

wow this limitation sucks....really...only 1000 values, Microsoft come on, ruined my day, after spending two days building some model that is using what-if parameter...I noticed the rounding in some of my inputs.....I just can't believe it

• Jake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like others I would like to see this increased. I use What-If parameters to allow users to enter the cost price of an item which can vary from month to month. As the cost uses decimal places then you will see how small of a range I have.
    With this row limit it means I have to change the range of my parameter each month which is a pain.

• Jordan Wenzlick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs to be fixed - feature is severely limited right now. How did this not get noticed before being released?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.