How can we improve Power BI?

Multi Workspace Dashboard

Create a global dashboard with Pin's from reports on multiple workspaces. That dashboard could be stored on "My Workspace".

Because Apps is 1:1 relation with workpaces we end up creating a workspace for RH, Operations, Finantials and it's hard to create a dashboard with KPI's / Measures from all those areas.

51 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rui Romano shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've seen a few entries wanting the same thing. My CIO is not happy because I can't provide this.

HAVE to create one dashboard using reports that are published under different workspaces.

• Shelley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have reports in multiple workspaces, similar to this: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/How-to-share-content-from-multiple-workspaces/td-p/333282 and need to create a summary app for managers similar to that explained in the link. It makes sense to have the separate workspaces, and it does not make sense to have to copy all the reports into one workspace and have to maintain duplicate copies of one report. Right now, given the 1:1 restriction on workspaces to apps, my teammates want me to move everything into one workspace. I'm very concerned about problems and confusion arising from having to move so many reports, some of which are shared with over 100 people. This will be time consuming and prone to errors to have to reshare all the reports with everyone. In addition, we will only be able to have one app for this entire workspace. So now we'll have to determine how to make this work for everyone who needs access to these reports. From what I've read, the content packs mentioned in the above link, are an "older" method. Is Microsoft working on a way to create an app or dashboard from multiple workspaces that will allow users to click into the reports stored in their respective workspaces? We're a large company with users around the globe, so it would help us a lot to be able to do this. Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.