How can we improve Power BI?

Option to disable parallel loading or limit data source connections.

Currently the on-premises gateway opens more Oracle connections that we have license for.

11 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gabriela Mackay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is such a ball ache.
    even in dev, without the gate way, it fails.
    cant we get the option of doing one table at a time. in query editor, I do it that way. But close and apply tries to connett all at once.

• Lyle Spencer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe you can do this by modifying the gateway config file per this posting:
    https://powerbi.microsoft.com/sv-se/blog/on-premises-data-gateway-january-update-is-now-available/

Summary:
    Here are the steps to change this configuration:

On the gateway machine, open the file: [Program Files]\On-premises data gateway\Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.dll.config
    Find the “MashupDefaultPoolContainerMaxCount” setting.
    Change its value to the desired value.
    Save and restart the gateway.

Changing this property value to 1 means that all queries will run sequentially, which could be desired for specific data sources that don’t support or don’t perform well with concurrent requests.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issue with a TeraData database. System Admin said to see if there was a way to end sessions once query ended as sessions were remaining open for 20 minutes and causing connection limit to be reached.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.