How can we improve Power BI?

Ability to render mobile optimized version of reports in custom mobile applications

It would be great if we could embed the mobile optimized version of the reports that we see in the PowerBI mobile application in a custom mobile application. Currently my company is having to create a separate report that has a mobile layout and then embed that version into a custom mobile application.

31 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brad Ho shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kyle McGlotten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new release of Power BI should have the capability which will allow for dynamic viewing in mobile apps and browsers.

• Juan Gonzalez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really be great if PowerBI provided this flexibility as it would greatly enhance its use in a large organization. For many, the use of any feature in the Mobile space has to fit within the security parameters of a pre-established container that either calls for a custom app to be developed or requires rendering thru its available browser.

• Michelle Ream commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was shocked when I found the new reports server version only works via their mobile app! There goes any large companies you had interested in this as they will likely have in place a secured mobile browser for this type of content.

• Jay Mullen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been working on a very exciting new mobile app for our company reporting that leverages Microsoft Mobile Reports for its ability to render within a custom mobile environment. Mobile Reports however, hits a quick wall with capability and leaves us needing a more powerful to. Leading us straight to Power BI which looks perfect, except for the fact that the on prem version we have does not render appropriately for the mobile screen outside of the PBI Mobile app. Please consider this enhancement soon or we will be shutting down our entire server.

• Thriven Reddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same thoughts here. I'm currently rendering into a WebView on the mobile app. But it doesn't look sharp. It shows unwanted spaces, etc. At least Microsoft can introduce a way into Xamarin to start with.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important for us. Everybody is using mobile phones now and if we develop an application that is not responsive on mobile, we cannot attract clients.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.