How can we improve Power BI?

Cloud not allowed / Power BI report server licensing too expensive for small project

Some companies do not have the right to outsource their data in the Cloud (Military, Space ...).
I have Power BI projects for 5 to 10 users maxlmum. The best choice in this case is a Report Server license on-premise adapted to 5 or 10 users. Currently you need the Premium license which is too expensive for these small projects. As a result, customers are looking at other products like Qlik or Tableau!

37 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Augusto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree ! The costs of Power BI Premium are impossible mainly in countries where the currency is not Dollar.

• Peter Paasch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely too expensive. We are no stranger to spending money on BI, EPM or Cloud products. I really wanted BI to replace an implementation of Logi (expensive embedded BI) but it's not cost effective.

• Daniel Wood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Power BI report Server Licensing is included with SQL Enterprise with software assurance.

• Henrik Hougaard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. We have 200 emplyees who i would like to distribute af monthly Power Bi report to. But thats not going to happen with the current license policy.
        We are already paing Pro License for 36 users (owners) but we will not expand that to 200 at the current license policy. A "light" version at a much lower Price is needed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with you. Recently, a customer stop the Power BI project and now is trying Qlik. Microsoft need to react as soon as possible!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.