How can we improve Power BI?

R visuals in Report Server

I think it will be great if report server can support custom R visualization for more data insight!

499 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Katja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes of course, we really need this feature in PBIRS! You can't do every Analytics with onboard PBIRS-Features. I hope you will really rethink your decision.

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really hoped this would appear in latest release. Nope. If you arent going to support R in PBIRS, why is it available in the IDE? I work for an org that wants better BI tools but dont want to go to the cloud. I hoped PBIRS would be the answer, but its still not there...

• Sukhomoy Bhattacharya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed, when there are no of other BI tools supporting R with their server version, unfortunately power BI is exception. I am not sure what most I can do with desktop version for my client in this context.
        Initially, I had stuck with Arabic character set, and found Power BI Report Server neither support Arabic character set nor ODBC connection over Direct query, hence our client (A renowned bank in KSA) rejected Power BI as a prospective BI tool.
        Anyway, if this is the approach, I think soon we (power BI developers) must switch to another tool.
        I strongly agree to R integration with Power BI report server.
        Best of Luck.
        Sukhomoy

• Jacky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need this feature... please bring it to power bi..... it should have all the feature SSRS

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely need R in PBIRS. Cloud is not solution for large companies (for legal and security restrictions)

• P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely needed for use in organisations that cannot for legal reasons move data into the cloud.

• B B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the functionality to have R Visuals added to Published report on the server. This will take power BI to the next level. it is an absolute need in organisations like us were we need to publish and share dashboards online.

• ammannasm@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you won't support R in PBI RS then please enhance the Reporting Services .NET API so we can implement our own custom .NET rs component which allows interactivity. Rendering an Image is to weak in this century. Please add features so we can create interactive/HTML/JavaScript components for reporting services...
        Different BI functionality between PBIRS <-> PB Service, Ecel2016 <-> Excel O365<-> Office Office server, SSAS <-> PBIRS does not improve our trust in MS to move to a pure cloud solution..

I agree toooo.....

• Megan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute necessity for my team to continue using Power BI RS, we will be looking for a new tool if this is really not a planned feature.

• Disappointed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The more i see of Power BI the less excited I become. A lot of limitations for those that can't go to the cloud. Think we'll just continue with Qlik and use advanced analytics.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if you won't support R in PBIRS then please enhance the Reporting Services .NET API so we can implement our own custom .NET rs component which allows interactivity. Rendering an Image is to weak in this century. Please add features so we can create interactive/HTML/Javascript components for reporting services...
        Different BI functionality between PBIRS <-> PB Service, Ecel2016 <-> Excel O365<-> Office Office server, SSAS <-> PBIRS does not improve our trust in MS to move to a pure cloud solution..

• Daniel Bartley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are these the excite a proc that outputs an image as a binary to the database and then embed that image in the report? Cos that idea is a horrible hack.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.