How can we improve Power BI?

R visuals in Report Server

I think it will be great if report server can support custom R visualization for more data insight!

502 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ammannasm@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you won't support R in PBI RS then please enhance the Reporting Services .NET API so we can implement our own custom .NET rs component which allows interactivity. Rendering an Image is to weak in this century. Please add features so we can create interactive/HTML/JavaScript components for reporting services...
        Different BI functionality between PBIRS <-> PB Service, Ecel2016 <-> Excel O365<-> Office Office server, SSAS <-> PBIRS does not improve our trust in MS to move to a pure cloud solution..

I agree toooo.....

• Megan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute necessity for my team to continue using Power BI RS, we will be looking for a new tool if this is really not a planned feature.

• Disappointed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The more i see of Power BI the less excited I become. A lot of limitations for those that can't go to the cloud. Think we'll just continue with Qlik and use advanced analytics.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if you won't support R in PBIRS then please enhance the Reporting Services .NET API so we can implement our own custom .NET rs component which allows interactivity. Rendering an Image is to weak in this century. Please add features so we can create interactive/HTML/Javascript components for reporting services...
        Different BI functionality between PBIRS <-> PB Service, Ecel2016 <-> Excel O365<-> Office Office server, SSAS <-> PBIRS does not improve our trust in MS to move to a pure cloud solution..

• Daniel Bartley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are these the excite a proc that outputs an image as a binary to the database and then embed that image in the report? Cos that idea is a horrible hack.

The more I hear "not planned" for Power BI report server features the more I think it's time to search for a different tool. The push to cloud is getting old when it's not an option for my team.

• Ruksuro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Interesting admin feedback in 'not planned' is the strategic goal not to emulate PowerBI web version?

Thanks.

• Pawel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's take the Report Server to the next level! So many possibilities are waiting to be opened up!

SQL Server supports R, R visuals are available in the Desktop, PBI RS really needs to include this functionality.

It would be very useful to have the functions of R in the Report Server. In the March update it is not yet available.

• ahussnain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

C'mon Microsoft, do people have request such features? Why Report Server is treated like the hated step child? Power BI has some many limitations and R comes to the rescue.
        Why would it take you 6 months to review a basic 'issue'? Pleeeaaassseeeee.

• Luai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Riccardo,

This will be of great value to on premise business... Please consider it in the product road map in the short term ...

Thank you
        Luai

• tamam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to add support for custom R visualization in Power BI Report Server

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.