How can we improve Power BI?

Page-level Bookmark

The current bookmark feature is basically for a Report-level bookmark. One of the limitation is having lots of bookmarks there. Imagine if we have 10 pages in a report, and each page has 5 pre-set filters saved as bookmark, there will be 50 bookmarks already. If we can have Page-level bookmark in addition to Report-level bookmark, that will be very great :)

This is different from having a group of Report-level bookmarks in https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/31785322-bookmark-groups

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Leo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Leo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I meant by Report-level and Page-level bookmark, I am comparing with Report-level and Page-level filter. When we add something in the Report-level filter, that filter will be available in all pages in that report. While if we add it in Page-level filter, it will not be available in the other pages of the report.

That's why I said the current bookmark is basically a Report-level bookmark, since no matter which page we are now, we will see all available bookmarks.

What I want to propose is adding a bookmark pane per page. Page 1 will have set of bookmarks that are different than Page 2, instead of putting all of the bookmarks in one place (the current bookmark). One of the design is this "Page-level bookmark" won't be able to jump to different page, just like Page-Level filter won't filter other pages.

Conclusion: Keep the current "Report-level bookmark", but add another bookmarking feature per page (Page-level bookmark).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What you describe and how it is currently working is Page-Level bookmarking, or am I missing something.

Report-level bookmarking is what you want, it is certainly what we require.

We have an 11 page report and then want to create different views of the same report by updating Visual slicers on each page, drilldown on certain charts to the next level of the hierarchy etc etc. Once we have set all the pages as we wish them to be viewed, we would like to set this as one Bookmark.

Currently I set the initial published report as a default bookmark. I have then modified a page in the report and created a new bookmark. When I then go back to the first bookmark, it simply takes me to the initial page of the report with the published filters set, but the other page is still as per the second bookmark I set and not the original published view.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.