How can we improve Power BI?

Full Screen mode for the Power BI SharePoint web part

The Power BI Sharepoint webpart is missing an "Enter Full Screen Mode" button.

233 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Christian Føsund shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

57 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mr. Power BI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bump. This really is a must and would make SharePoint a great tool to organize and display Power BI reports.

• James Tuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unacceptable without the ability to go into full screen mode. Why must we sacrifice functionality when using SharePoint? I cannot publish this data to the web (HIPAA) and so I must use SharePoint. We need full screen because these reports are used in meetings with large projection. We can't simply scroll around so that 25 different users can see what they need to see.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is hopeless. My laptop users are complaining that they have to scroll to see the whole report! We need fit to screen and full screen.

Please we need this. Publish to web option has a full screen button but it is far less secure than the SharePoint embed. In terms of user experience I am confused by the Devs decision

• Alex Robé commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not clear, why this what works in public reports cannot be adapted for embedded reports!
    Pls integrate this function as this current iframe-only option causes much dissatisfaction of my customers (waste of space, scrolling,...)

Thanks!

I agree with all the comments below. If you cannot display the entire report, and must move it around with a mouse to see all parts of it, there is something missing in the basic concept for this embedding. Definitely not a solution for real users.

• Martin Hester commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this. As PBI goes more mainstream, we need to eliminate the issues causing acceptance issues.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We work a lot on laptops and our corporate SharePoint site has taken up a lot of screen real estate on the margins. So without a full screen option embedding Power BI reports in SharePoint is not really a choice.

This functionality is critical to my business. My clients cant get the full benefit of Power BI and SharePoint. It's a must have! The sooner this is resolved the better.

• Johan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are also waiting for this! Without fullscreen options it is for us very difficult to get our solution accepted by the end users.

This is the number one compliant from the end users in my business.

Its crazy that you can go full screen in the publish to web embed for free users but those of us paying for Premium to embed securely in SharePoint have a worse experience!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.