How can we improve Power BI?

Data Alerts in Power BI Report Server

Hi,

If a specific threshold is exceeded I want to receive a email / message that this is happening on my Dashboard. It would be better if there is a default threshold for this and that a user can set up a specific threshold also.

305 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

hilbert shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have demo'd for dozens of people within the company looking to pick a BI tool and they all ask about this. Telling them its not available yet is a deal breaker for many.

• alex pandian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This Data Alerts feature like in SharePoint Integrated SSRS mode is really needed feature and widely used.

• Michiel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very welcome when data should remain on premise! We publish to PBI Report server and not to the PBI online service but the need for alerts is eminent in our company (with 1400 FTE)

• Scott Hunt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are implementing Power BI at an airport and could CERTAINLY use data alerts for a variety of situations - wait time too long, flight is delayed by a certain time, plane stranded on tarmac.

Please implement this for Power BI Report Server

Alerts can be set on visuals created from streaming datasets that have been pinned from a report to a dashboard, but cannot be set on streaming tiles twisted directly on the dashboard using Add tile > Custom streaming data.Ref:https://sovinco.com/

My clients want to receive alerts by email when the stock levels of a certain stock item fall below a threshold. They don't want to have to do this by monitoring the report constantly!

I want them to be able to configure this themselves within their on premise solution - like is possible within the Power BI service! We don't want to have to use SQL server agent, etc to configure these!

Please strongly consider incorporating this functionality for enterprise level on premise solutions.

• sajjad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think SharePoint SSRS data alert is little bit better than current Power BI Service data alerts. I am surprised this feature was never implemented on SSRS 2016 version.

• Hilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want the possibility that a user can manage Alerts when there data is exceeding the budget / threshold.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.