How can we improve Power BI?

Exclude a table from refresh in Power BI Service

Ability to exclude a table from Data Refresh (scheduled, manual, API, etc.) in the Service.
In PBI Desktop, we have an option "Include in report refresh" we can disable for a table. But it won't affect PBI Service.

69 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jean-Pierre Riehl shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James Houck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the "Exclude from Refresh" should definitely persist to the service once the report is published from the desktop. In the interest of speeding up my data refreshes within the Power BI client, I have many dimension tables that remain static and I don't need to requery them. On second thought, having a scheduled for EACH table would be even better!!!

• Vinney K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For context, I arrived at this post through a thread originating from this post attempting to create a workaround for the lack of incremental load in datasources: http://www.thebiccountant.com/2017/01/11/incremental-load-in-powerbi-using-dax-union/
        This would have been an acceptable temporary workaround were it not for the issue of excluding from report refresh having no effect in the Power BI service.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.