How can we improve Power BI?

Export to Powerpoint with filters

We need the ability to export with current filters selected. Without this capability the export function is limited. Export to Adobe with preselected filter without having to save the report would work as well.

178 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chad Thurston shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please finish the power point feature complete, so included the filters users set before

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed this is an important feature will make the difference of switching to BI in some of our Arch decisions

I build in a Row-level security based on users credential applied on a common dataset for all users. Running their reports on the web, users only see the data that I allow them to see. They can now by pass security and see all data by exporting in Power Point. This is major and need to be solve as soon as possible

• st3vemartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like more of a bug than a good idea - but I will vote - "work-around" in place - but would really like to not have users "edit - change filters - save" just to be able to export to PDF correctly - thanks,

Et si on se disait la vraie vérité ?
        Ce n'est pas une "amélioration" qui est demandée, mais bien la correction d'un BUG.

• Chris Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since export to PowerPoint is already a half-finished feature in Power BI, perhaps it would be a good idea to move finishing this feature to the top of the queue before releasing another half-baked feature. It's time to begin treating Power BI as a product and not a sandbox. Business users are tired of hearing that a feature is coming or will probably be implemented, and IT employees are tired of being apologists for Microsoft's unfinished product. The introduction and removal of features in Power BI should be according to a strictly controlled quarterly schedule. Agile BI is only possible with stable tools and while Power BI has the potential to be a great tool, the flippant approach that Microsoft has taken with its development is simply unacceptable.

• sfbind2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am surprised more haven't voted for this one...it seems like a simple fix and would be very helpful to our org.

• Ronny Hagen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major 'lack'.

If I publish a report to my users, I would not expect them to, even have the ability, to save the report with applied settings in order to be able to export the correct report-view.

I am pleased to see that the support for filters syncing across multiple report pages is now available in the February release. Also the cross filtering across multiple visuals. Persisting filter settings on a user is soon to be published in the online service.

But still the filter settings are not persisted when exporting to PPT.

I would expect this would be a 'quick fix' when all of the above is available in the service and application.

• Giorgio Di Egidio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my opinion this is the only major lack of Power BI.
        Sharing the report the last ones can not save a copy, so they can not export the report in PPT with the personalization of the filters

• Joe Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm running into the same problem. Users rarely want to export all of the information in the report just the pertinent information they get after filtering. Is this in the process of being resolved?

This is highly critical that the filtering process works correctly when exporting to PowerPoint. Users are trying to create presentations using PowerBI visuals and we are hampering their ability to share correct information. We don't have this issue when exporting to Excel.

• Mario Nelaj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are trying to implement this feature to produce board reporting in our organization. As long as the export feature ignores the filters we cant use PowerBI for our board meetings.
        Please provide a roadmap time of when this will be addressed.

• Raphael Nash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

High level leaders in our organization want to be able to be given a PowerPoint with just the relevant data on it.

• Mirko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Users would expect export reflecting current dashboard view with filtering choices (on charts and slicers).

• Ellis Mendelsohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you apply a page filter or rapport filter, the export to Powerpoint doesn't accept the filters. It would also be nice if you would have the choice whether you want to export for example a page or the entire report.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.