Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

184 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • kah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

surely MS can see this differentiates the power bi product in a negative way from both its competitors tableau and qlikview - we would definitely be looking at either of these for our needs and standardize on one platform, almost certainly tableau. PBI has great features but if this essential use case cannot be covered, we cannot use it - plain and simple

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe you axed subscriptions for the on prem Power BI server. We are in health care. We absolutely cannot send our data to the cloud. I am now researching 3rd party tools that can do this.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got to agree with many of the previous commenters that I believe this will harm long-term use / adoption of Power BI. Many organisations simply will not send their data to the cloud, whatever assurances from MS that it is secure. There's also regulatory restrictions especially for financial institutions. On-premises has to be functionally equivalent to cloud version (even if updates are a bit late). Email subscriptions are fairly basic functionality.
    I hope that this functionality can be revisited. (Also, the ability to manage data source on the server seperately from the pbix file, also a must for enterprise customers)

• slarkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clearly, Microsoft does not care about their customers who need to use only on-premises solutions. They want to push everyone to their cloud offerings. If you've spent a few years working in IT/IS and with Microsoft, you shouldn't be surprised by this tactic. Just look at the Power BI roadmap: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/roadmap/. There's very little planned for PBI Report Server. And, if you look at What's Planned for BI, you'll see more of the same. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/April19/business-intelligence/planned-features

• JC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another reason for companies to look elsewhere. Microsoft really shooting themselves in the foot with the on premise version.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very sorry to hear that this will not be implemented any time soon. To be able to use PBI on the long term throughout our company this is an absolut must have. Unacceptable I would say.

• Suseela K Krishnan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm very disappointed to hear that the email subscriptions feature will not be available on-premise server and there is no other alternatives.

• Dave Wilderman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The resolution that this is not planned is a death knell for my company continuing to use this program in any serious, scalable, way. I hope you decide to reconsider or come up with alternatives if this is to be considered a serious product for the marketplace.

• Mike Foss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How sad that you cant make this happen. I mean seriously you cant figure out how to take current subscription allow and email to be sent and embed a Power BI Report in the Body? You can embed Power BI's elsewhere but you cant make this happen? The admin notes seem like a lazy excuse.

• Roberto Bentsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This very sad news, we were really looking forward to this feature.

Please reconsider or consider a doable workaround that does not require opening desktop.

• Brandon H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also welcome an update on this suggestion. The top 2 questions we receive from business leadership are (1) Can I have this report automated to be emailed to me directly and (2) Can I export this information to a PowerPoint.

Instructing our users to use the snipping tool and create their own emails from the information in a Power BI report is not sustainable and way behind the times. Knowing that this suggestion is backlogged is comforting, however no update in over a year is troubling.

Thanks,
    Brandon

• Wildmight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Legacy tool OBIEE has a very good bi scheduler component - MS should try to emulate some of the features.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.