How can we improve Power BI?

Export to Excel from PowerBI Embedded

Please provide the ability to export PowerBI Embedded reports to excel. The same functionality that exists on PBI Service.
It is important to also increase export limit.

199 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Elder Carvalho shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Sean Fontaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the functionality as an option when leveraging Power BI Embedded is causing confusion when attempting to push out reports to the user community. Should be able to export in excel along with csv. or eliminate the option of excel when leveraging PowerBI Embedded.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature to have, not everyone can have power bi pro to export

It will help when we provide reports to customers. The feature could be available to embedded and web reports.

As a data analyst, I need to be able to export large amounts of data from Power BI to a CSV file. I've found that the current limit is very low for the amount of data that I work with.

What is the reason for the current limitation? It can't be hardware based, as my computer has plenty of memory, processing power, and disk space. If it is a software limitation, it can't be impossible to increase the amount of data that Power BI is able to export.

Please increase the amount of data that we are able to export. It would be a big win for Power BI customers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.