How can we improve Power BI?

Maintain dashboard/report usage metrics data for >90 days

The currently released usage metrics feature only keeps data for 90 days. Please increase the data retention period.

FYI: the documentation for the usage metrics feature can be found here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-usage-metrics/

198 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sirui Sun shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our organization is spending a lot of time trying to create a workaround to archive >90 info. This native update would be great for our org and many others like us.

• Albert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see this implemented. At least 1 year. Keep Forever is also good. Maybe allow workspace admin to set to 90d, 1y, 2y, custom, all/keep forever.

• john commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please MS - do increase the metrics to hold data for ever or at least say one year.

• Need this enhancement commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the very least, we would like to see year over year usage metrics. We are a large organization, 90 days doesn't tell us much.

• Jeff Gilbertson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happens when we need to see year over year. Or a rolling six months? We are looking for a higher adoption rate. The only way to tell if we are achieving this, is by know usage metrics for longer than 90 days.

• Pranav Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. "Keep Forever" option if made available will help me do many cool stuffs with the usage metric. 90 days data don't give much insight

• Kevin Palmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would have a lot of value.

Also - some organisations have an audit requirement to maintain long term visibility of who has accessed what. eg Healthcare or Finance.

So being able to simply turn on "Keep forever" would be a useful setting to add.

• Grant Weaver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really awesome. We are doing some cool things with the usage reports to drive adoption but we would like to show and analyze longer periods of time.

Agree with others, we need at least a year, more if you want to do year-on-year comparisons on adoption

• Kim S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

90 days is nothing.... I am thinking we will need a minimum of 18-24 months (need a minimum of just over a year).

it is impossible to make a decent analysis for a dataset of only 90 days. Some of our reports are only used each quarter. How can we compare the usage of all quarters?

• naveen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hii,i am bi developer so i plan to learn power bi course for my coming next project purpose?so, can any one tell me demand of course in future and getting jobs / power bi course?so can u plz guide me???

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.