How can we improve Power BI?

Calculated measures when live connected to MDX cubes

In May 2017 Power BI Desktop started supporting creation of DAX measures when working in live connect mode to an external SSAS model: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-may-feature-summary/

Vote on this idea if you want support for calculated measures against multidimensional models too.

853 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminWill Thompson (Product Manager, Power BI, Microsoft Power BI) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

71 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Warren Allworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have an opportunity to migrate a client over to the Microsoft stack with SSRS and PowerBI but without support of Multidimensional for self-service we cannot propose this as a viable solution. Is there a timeline as to when this feature will be made available or Is it a strategic decision from Microsoft to get all clients over to tabular?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this ASAP. Power BI has many strengths, but without calculated measures with MDX cubes, clients turn to other tools than Power BI.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN! I have to used dreaded Pyramid until then

Mandatory feature. Deploy cube changes every time a new measure is needed shouldn't be the solution.

Эта функция обязательна для любого программного обеспечения, которое претендует на выполнение BI :) !!!

Can't believe this still hasn't had a response, Microsoft are losing a large customer base for years to come over this and another key feature, proper drill throughs (with report and slicer filters).

Would be great to be able to develop measures in Power BI instead of having to embed every one in our cubes.

Just had an x billion dollar prospect ask for this in a Proof of Concept. Any update?

• Yves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see this feature available so I can get our Finance department of my back because Excel is sooooo much better :-)
        Please make adding measures for multidimensional cubes available!

• Mike Foss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also Waiting for Multidimensional!! please update on status I know industry thinks multidimensional cubes are old news but multidimensional cubes need love too!

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! And I should also add as another user did that this is needed in Power BI Report Server and the associated Desktop RS, since everything seems to be separate at this point. I just hit this shortcoming this week, especially with wanting to do running totals and other custom measures.

• Pierre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be a great addition. Most reports we have are against cubes - and the need to deploy cube changes everytime a measure for a specific report has to be added is not very effiecient.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.