UI/UX Features - Desktop Navigation enhancements
1) When selecting multiple visualizations in the UI, we cannot use the arrow keys to move the items around. We are forced to use the mouse. Moving a single item does work with the arrow keys
2) Format Painter does not seem to control height and width of visualizations.
3) Ability to select multiple columns and measures (for fast deletion purposes).
4) Increase the size of the scroll carriages in the Report Designer and in the Table view. Currently it is about a 3 point line, and this can be difficult to see.
5) Prompt user for creating hierarchies. If a user accidentally moves an item over the top of another item in the Fields list, this automatically creates a hierarchy.
6) Allow more usage of the ESC key. When a user wants to un-select an item (while it is being dragged), we should be able to use the ESC key to stop the selection.
7) Enhance the 'Refresh' button so that we can choose which tables to refresh, instead of the current 'All' (by clicking the Refresh button) or 'One' (one table at a time).
8) Ability to copy/paste a single item out of the Table view. Currently we need to go into the Query Editor to do that.
Wanted to add another here:
Bring in the 'Measures' area that the Tabular designer in Visual Studio and PowerPivot have, it would be *great*. I'm not speaking for everyone, the little calculator icon next to the measure name is a decent indicator, but segregating the measures completely from the columns would be even better.
Jared Knutzen commented
These are fantastic suggestions that would make the lives of report designers SO MUCH easier!
Tom Benders commented