How can we improve Power BI?

Increase Export Data Limits

In late 2016, Power BI improved our export data options to allow exporting up to 150,000 rows to Excel from a visual on a Power BI dashboard for Pro users. If you require higher limits, please vote on this idea. If you have more specific requirements, please leave them in the comments.

1,055 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminAdam Wilson (POWER BI) (Product Manager, Microsoft Power BI) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

124 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • stefano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like using PowerBi Pro for Azure chargeback reporting. We have reporting in place using tags but this limitation is very annoying. Usage details report from EA portal have about 300000 row per month.

• Earle Lindfors commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very difficult to advocate for this product to support the "Enterprise" with this kind of limitation on export. With migrations to Windows 10 builds 1709 and 1803 of interest to DOD, this capability is perfect for tracking progress. However, when looking to take action on the results (which will certainly exceed 30K records) during the initial phases, it renders the capability short of supporting Enterprise requirements. PLEASE put your best engineers on this issue ASAP. Power BI is too powerful and valuable not to.

• Matthew Kiley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are using Power BI Report server, and the limit is still 30k. Power BI will not be an enterprise solution in our environment if this cannot be increased.

• M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was planned a year ago. Any idea when this will be released?

• Kurt Barajas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company recently began using Power BI and the row limit continues to be a severe limitation. The data from visualizations and tables needs to exported for validation and to be sent to other parties.

I find myself taking many small chunks of data but as soon as we change part of our model, we have to go through the tedious task of re-exporting. Every single time.

• Ramy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People will start losing confidence in this tool since raw data is limited to 150K and they cannot validate or do analysis properly.

Please can you increase the limit to match excel.

Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are there any updates related to removing the export limitation in Power BI Reporting Services? Will this be in the May, 2019 PBIRS Release?

• Lee Haakenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need to remove this limitation. We are evaluating multiple options, and this would definitely be a deal breaker for my organization.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

definitely need no limit. drill downs are basically unusable unless you set a filter and then tie the data back together after exporting.

• Rafael Borghi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, it should allow to increase the export limit for Power BI Report Server (and not only to Power BI Service)

• Art Allmon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My end users are barking about getting only partial data sets and having to download via multiple requests. Not a good thing. Excel can handle more than 150,000 lines per sheet. Please broaden the interface to allow for a higher number of records exported.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.