How can we improve Power BI?

Allow PowerBI mobile app to open local files

Hi, Power BI allows us to create great insights supporting our daily jobs. While we can use the desktop version in my company, we have a security issue with publishing to Cloud. Data protection is heavily focused.
To avoid breaking any internal rules on data protection, we would definitely benefit from option where PowerBI mobile would allow users to open local files without having them pushed to Cloud via Publish function in PBI desktop.
Viewing local files works great with Word/Excel/PowerPoint on mobile.
Thanks for considering / reply

Gab

113 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

gabriel poliacikgabriel poliacik shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Patrick PPatrick P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keep in mind that SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2016 (Enterprise Edition albeit) will likely provide much of the Power BI functionality (minus the dashboards/pinning) on-prem. So although our very large organization has determined that MS' security is far better than what we could provide ourselves, if you could not store your data in Azure, this would be an alternative. I would also suspect that Power BI Mobile will then be modified to connect to SSRS, but that's purely conjecture.

• david Gutierrezdavid Gutierrez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

wait... the report in the cloud with the data in a local computer with a "heavily focused data protection polisy"? or a report downloaded in the mobile with the data in the mobile, but how you get those two in the mobile? or a report that contains the data and the graphs?

i mean what?

• JakeJake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an almost identical problem to the one I face in my company. Any alternative solution to this has my vote.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have seen capability of the tool. This seems to me very agile way of future reporting. Self service reporting available always on time. Nice vision so let make this come true.

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very good idea, which could make a difference for all users, please consider it!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.