How can we improve Power BI?

Support R visuals to Publish to web

Currently publishing to web doesn't support R visuals. It is very essential otherwise what is the value of R scripts if I am not able to publish It.

72 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ziaul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Zellw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like a big hole when I do so much work in R but yet the full solution cannot be published. This is a big bug!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't imagine this is an easy feature but it would be amazing. And doing the same for Python would be incredible.

This feature would make Power BI stand out. Extending the R capability would allow deeper analytical insight.

• Nils Flaschel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make Power BI so much more powerfull! When you are done with that, you could implement python support ;)

• Gordon Hayward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spent effort building correlation plot in Power BI Desktop, which internal customer thought was excellent. I was so disappointed that couldn't share it as R is not supported when publishing to Power BI web. Please enable support of R visuals!

I believe that when they enabled R visuals (back in 2016) this feature existed if you changed app.powerbi.com for msit.powerbi.com in the URL. Hope they implement it soon.

Would really love this feature as well. Could be very powerful in combination with parameters to create mini web apps!

Fantastic idea in publishing R visuals to Web - are there any other ways around this? Allowing users to interact with R visuals would be a big step forward

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.