How can we improve Power BI?

Allow customization of email subscription schedule

Extend the existing email subscription feature to allow me to specify exactly *when* the email is sent out - e.g. send me the email at 2pm every Monday.

More information about the existing feature can be found here:

572 votes
Sign in
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminSirui Sun (Admin, Microsoft Power BI) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Russ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our users need a report every morning when they come in and right now we are not able to provide that with the current functionality

• Anastasia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very useful feature if we could specify that email is sent once a month for users to check the report.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If a user subscribe for day then he should get a snapshot of the report with only the days data as in case of SSRS

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also need the ability to send more than one in the day. Would like to be able to have one at start of day and end.

• Matt Whitesell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Delivery timing is important but when subscription captures the report data is a key configuration. This is an important configuration for data warehouse users to manage job timing.

Also data source type needs to be considered (import v. direct query)

Capturing a table visual with an auto export of .csv attachment would be a HUGE feature!

• Curtis Ramirez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should also be able to set our Power BI service to a specific time zone so subscriptions are emailed at the correct time. Currently, my datasets refresh at 10:30pm local time, but I'll receive the subscription based on UTC time so my data is inaccurate.

Our customers are used to the customized delivery time functionality of SSRS. This will be a valuable addition to Power BI reports.

• Scott White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow for Power BI Pro licensed users to:
        - Set up distribution lists (one to many recipients).
        - Specify time of day report is run/emailed
        - Specify day(s) of the week (ie. every Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
        - Select specific dates (ie. 1st of the month, or end of month, or 15th of month, etc.)

Think SSRS subscription features (only make it more manageable).

• David McMullen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reports are used for coordinating work activity - important to time when the report is delivered daily and data to be included.

The ability to also select certain parameters/filters for an individual subscription would be beneficial.

Dear Sirui Sun,
        I am using Power BI pro to schedule refresh of data set.

Currently I am distributing the dashboard to customer email ids manually.
        I want to schedule that email distribution also.

For example, lets say the users need the updated dashboard at 8:00 AM EST everyday.
        I that case I will create schedule to update data set at 7:00 AM EST on daily basis (which I know how to do).

And at 8:00 AM EST I want to distribute dashboard to users. Please help me how we can schedule this email distribution automatically on daily basis ?

• Dominik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the previous comments. It is useful and necessary to be able to customize it. Otherwise users lose their interests in the reports.

• Derrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good suggestion. Daily emails are too frequent for a lot of reports, which will happen because our data updates daily.

• Magali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

'Send on refresh' is really what I'm looking for but I would also like to have the ability to send on request. The ability to add comments would be welcome too.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.