How can we improve Power BI?

Allow customization of email subscription schedule

Extend the existing email subscription feature to allow me to specify exactly *when* the email is sent out - e.g. send me the email at 2pm every Monday.

More information about the existing feature can be found here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-email-subscriptions-in-power-bi-stay-informed-when-it-matters/

275 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sirui SunAdminSirui Sun (Admin, Microsoft Power BI) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Sirui Sun,
        I am using Power BI pro to schedule refresh of data set.

Currently I am distributing the dashboard to customer email ids manually.
        I want to schedule that email distribution also.

For example, lets say the users need the updated dashboard at 8:00 AM EST everyday.
        I that case I will create schedule to update data set at 7:00 AM EST on daily basis (which I know how to do).

And at 8:00 AM EST I want to distribute dashboard to users. Please help me how we can schedule this email distribution automatically on daily basis ?

Thanks,
        Samaresh

• DominikDominik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the previous comments. It is useful and necessary to be able to customize it. Otherwise users lose their interests in the reports.

• DerrickDerrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good suggestion. Daily emails are too frequent for a lot of reports, which will happen because our data updates daily.

• MagaliMagali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

'Send on refresh' is really what I'm looking for but I would also like to have the ability to send on request. The ability to add comments would be welcome too.

• Kawabata YoshihiroKawabata Yoshihiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to receive the email of daily reports at 6am every morning in Japan,
        and receive the email of weekly reports at 6am every Monday in Japan,
        and receive the email of monthly reports at 6am every 1st day of month in Japan.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, we should have some additional options for scheduling. However, this is a great starting point!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've given it my votes - but it actually needs a little more flexibility that. Run when both the day-time schedule AND data-availability criteria are met is ultimately what you want - no good publishing a report if it's still yesterdays' data.

This would then replicate the behaviour in-house reporting system I've put together! (Well, nearly, but close enough ;0 )

• jfontenotjfontenot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Emails should not be irrevocably tied to the refresh schedule. 'Send on refresh' should be an option, but there should other scheduling options.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.