How can we improve Power BI?

Subscribe to email snapshots of reports in *specific filter/slicer states*

Extend the email subscriptions feature, currently in public preview, to include support for email snapshots of reports in specific filter/slicer states.

More information about the feature can be found here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-email-subscriptions-in-power-bi-stay-informed-when-it-matters/

272 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sirui SunAdminSirui Sun (Admin, Microsoft Power BI) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Sirui SunAdminSirui Sun (Admin, Microsoft Power BI) responded  · 

Hey all – we’re looking into how best to tackle this and other filter/slicer-related functionality.

We’ve put together a short survey to better understand different use cases and what improvements would make the experience better.  If you have a few moments, the survey takes about 10 minutes to complete.  We appreciate your feedback!

https://aka.ms/x998cx

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enabling Power BI to save several filter states for scenario analysis would be helpful

• Fidelis XavierFidelis Xavier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to send the reports by property to various teams and to the management. it would be great if we subscribe and send via email.

• Kawabata YoshihiroKawabata Yoshihiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to send mails to 10 partners by filter related each partners for weekly reports.
        and send mail to 100 division managers by filter related each division for monthly reports.

• SeanSean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this is critical! But this is a BIG powerBI problem in general, viewing a report, what filters are selected? Looking at a PowerBI mobile dashboard, jee I wonder what filers are selected, looking at a PowerBI email report snapshot, hmmm I wonder what filers are selected, get emailed a PowerBI alert, hmm I wonder what filers are applied to this alert value. Is it just me or this not an issue through the entire PowerBi experience?????? Microsoft I love PowerBI but PLEASE resolve this asap. Without this the user has no context to the data he is analysing, is this not the most important thing in BI, the context of information ?????

• jfontenotjfontenot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be sure to allow for subscribing to the same report in multiple states (same report, multiple subscriptions, each with a different filter state).

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.