How can we improve Power BI?

Subscribe *others* to emails of reports

Extend the email subscription feature, currently in public preview, to enable subscribing *others* to email snapshots of reports.

More information about the existing email subscriptions feature can be found here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-email-subscriptions-in-power-bi-stay-informed-when-it-matters/preview/

293 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sirui SunAdminSirui Sun (Admin, Microsoft Power BI) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dean ChenDean Chen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to have this for external clients, but also internal users. Ideally enabling subscription at the group level.

• Everton BarcielaEverton Barciela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it would great to have a list of recipients in this option, hence we could send the reports to clients, or users that don't have power bi account yet.

Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In order to generate savings reports for customers, having a way to automate weekly, monthly, and yearly emails would be extremely beneficial. Just a snap shot or interactive link

jfontenot commented · January 18, 2017 22:54 · Flag as inappropriate
        Please allow users to enter multiple email addresses in this new dialog.--- good..

Hi, the email only sent for owner but not for share member... can you fixed it?

Better to concentrate on getting the standard email subscription working first, no?

• GabrieliusGabrielius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very nice.

Another thing would be cool is if a person does not have PowerBI account (and doesn't want to have one), why not allow to send him the "published report" aka "publish to web" URL?

Just like in this screenshot I made: https://snag.gy/DYgVMc.jpg

• Paweł JareckiPaweł Jarecki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea! Hope it will be implemented soon. It will really help to convince more people to use Power BI.

• Amer FarhanAmer Farhan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is important. I cannot tell all managers in the company to go and subscribe to the email subscription themselves. At least the admin or report owner should have the access to subscribe for others.

• jfontenotjfontenot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will be a great feature. Will increase visibility to our management team and hopefully increase utilization of the reports.

• Mike ThibodeauxMike Thibodeaux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to this one, but I would say that allowing content pack reports to be subscribed to should come next please.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.