How can we improve Power BI?

Subscribe *others* to emails of reports

Extend the email subscription feature, currently in public preview, to enable subscribing *others* to email snapshots of reports.

More information about the existing email subscriptions feature can be found here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-email-subscriptions-in-power-bi-stay-informed-when-it-matters/preview/

816 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminSirui Sun (Admin, Microsoft Power BI) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mani Agarwalla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A few things I need to mention here as requirements in order of lowering priority :-

1. Subscribing Others and Group Aliases to receive the data.
        2. Providing a particular time when the report should go away and not after each and every data refresh.
        3. An email template which can pull in tiles as we do when we pull them for dashboard.
        4. Choosing the Subject and headers/footers for the email.
        5. Allowing to send as attachment/ in the body.

• Ashutosh Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A user(s) can provide his feedback in a Power BI page about the dashboard or any chart or report related items and this data should get saved with details like date, name, comments description in database after the user clicks on submit button and also a clear button can be provided. So all the input commentary details provided by multiple users should be shown in this report/page of the dashboard. Is this possible??

• Ashutosh Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi All,
        Can we subscribe/Share the dashboard/Report to send out email who do not have Power BI account?

• Frédéric Beuserie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, for those still concerned, i workaround this missing feature by simply subscribing myself to the report and then, in outlook, setting up a "redirect" rules that will do the job to send an exact copy of my subscription to a defined group of people.

this worked fine. and is server-side, so even if outlook is off, it works.

but there is some drawbacks:
        - no trigger different from mine

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very basic requirement for, to make use of created reports. All executives would like to see reports in mail. I should be able to subscribe them.

• Mayur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very basic functionality available in almost all other BI tools. Please add this ASAP so we can buy Power BI premium.
        Thanks

• Abigail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there anyway we can get a notice or time line of when this feature will be implemented

• Stephen Wichman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't wait until this feature is available, we have customers asking for it. We'll need to use SSRS for now

The ability to set up a subscription is very necessary since a lot of the leadership prefer and email over having to pull the report themselves.

• Jacques Colmaire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen ASAP. As everyone is saying, this needs to be a priority. As the owner of the report I should be able to subscribe users who the report is shared out to.

Would be great if we can also build an email template to be sent away, and choose on the dashboard and/or which reports to be included

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.