How can we improve Power BI?

Export to PowerPoint with filters applied

PowerPoint Export to take into account filters that have been applied to the report prior to export. This is essential for users which need to filter on historic dates and then wish to export the report with those details.

516 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Justin WlliamsJustin Wlliams shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Sirui SunAdminSirui Sun (Admin, Microsoft Power BI) responded  · 

Hey all – we’re looking into how best to tackle this and other filter/slicer-related functionality. We’ve put together a short survey to better understand different use cases and what improvements would make the experience better.  If you have a few moments, the survey takes about 10 minutes to complete.  We appreciate your feedback!
    https://aka.ms/x998cx

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Victor ValenciaVictor Valencia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's get going on this Sirui Sun! Our enterprise needs this capability. A lot has happened since March. Hoping for an update.

• BEllisBEllis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates to when this feature will be added? Timing? Important for our sales team to filter to their business and export.

• sarahsarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hope filtering function could be implemented in PowerPoint export

• Chad ThurstonChad Thurston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good Morning, have there been any updates regarding this feature? My company has started evaluating Tableau since the lack of communication regarding this feature.

• Sujata.MehtaSujata.Mehta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello In addition to in-session filtering, we need ability for the export to PowerPoint feature to honor the parameters passed through the URL as well. Without parameterized and in-session filters this feature is not useful.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature that is really important to my organization. Our Regional Directors and Account Management Team love Power BI but require the option to filter the dashboards for their Power Points. Any updates for this feature? Can you re-post the survey?

Thanks!

• Chad ThurstonChad Thurston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this ability? I have an idea for a report that would allow my Pro license users to export with their chosen filters selected, but currently we have to use our legacy solution. We also sell BI tools and big selling point is always the ease of sharing reports in many different ways.

• lbenedinilbenedini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update Microsoft? Newbie to Power BI. Incredibly powerful tool, but often a report is needed to share with management/clients. I know they should move to new age of digital visuals but so far a report is a report. Within my organisation I have spoken to several people interested in using Power BI but they all desist once they understand that you can't translate the analytics and visuals into a report that is shareable. At least creating powerpoints with selected filters (in our case) would be a work around. Not perfect but manageable for the time being.

• Douglas LiraDouglas Lira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, also correct the background image when exporting to Powerpoint. This image is completely out of position in Powerpoint after export!

• Filipa FerreiraFilipa Ferreira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sirui Sun,

we really need to have this possibility for your end users.

Can you please open again the survey so we can answer or give us an update on this ?

Thanks,
        Filipa

• Mallory CookMallory Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second all of the responses below, but would like to include that the drilling functionality should 'stick' when exporting to PPT as well. This is a huge limitation for my company, and is forcing us to delay full implementation of the dashboards we have built

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.