How can we improve Power BI?

Export to PowerPoint with filters applied

PowerPoint Export to take into account filters that have been applied to the report prior to export. This is essential for users which need to filter on historic dates and then wish to export the report with those details.

1,489 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Justin Wlliams shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

175 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Urgent need of this functionality. No information update since October 2018. This cannot be a big problem I assume. Please give an update when this problem is solved. Thanks in advance!

• Arti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely, we need this asap please. What's the update?

• Ben C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As with others below, we are facing this exact issue while trying to roll out Power BI reporting company-wide. Exporting from an App with the selected filters/slicers is a critical and seemingly basic feature that my colleagues are shocked is not already available.

Is there any update at all as to when this will be released?

• Mario Nelaj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So there was a blog post made in October 2018 that said the feature was implemented and it would come out of preview. In the comments of that blog post the Dev kept alluding to "export with filters applied" coming in the next couple of months. 3 months have gone by and the feature is no longer in "preview", the fix has not been implemented and the comments on the blog post have been disabled. Could you guys please take ownership of this request and give your customers a deadline for this feature?

• Pravin Jaiswal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are witnessing the similar situation where user wants to have the capability of exporting the report to PPT after filters are applied ,but the all available latest version doesn't support this yet,Kindly incorporate this changes so that we can provide the best quality product to our users.

• Rebecca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this? I've finally convinced people to use Power BI - not an easy task - and then to find out that I have to change the filters so that they can export to power point every time is really ruining any progress I've made.

Please, please, please update soon.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, what is the expected timeline for this feature to be added. it would be great if we could provide a rough timeline for our customers

• Mark Hood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi can I reiterate the below, we are building BI reports for the business and need to restrict access which means we cant have this happening. This is a deal breaker and means we cant use PowerBI which makes me sad :(

• Anusha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will this work ? Its such a flaw which make me question why I chose Power BI.

• Gabriel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it`s one year since this was posted. I know we are all excited about AI and other features, but let`s not forget the basics!

• Cat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important to have this feature for creating "customer" specific reports where confidentiality is important when printing a report for a single "customer".

• Soares commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are any updates to this? This is a very important feature.

• james commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide this as an update, it is critical to MANY users

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.