How can we improve Power BI?

Export to PowerPoint with filters applied

PowerPoint Export to take into account filters that have been applied to the report prior to export. This is essential for users which need to filter on historic dates and then wish to export the report with those details.

1,051 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Justin Wlliams shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

102 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cherie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just thought I would pass along the workaround our company has been using for this. Since you can only export / print what is visually in the screen view and nothing beyond there is no advantage to actually printing, etc. We use the Microsoft "Snipping Tool". The users pin this snipping tool to their task bar. Then when they want something in PowerPoint: Open Power Point, filter their visual/page/report as they would like, click the snipping tool, draw around the area in Power BI they want to copy, Click on the page in PowerPoint and click paste.

• Fanny Pachayan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When we export the report in power point, all filters that are currently applied to the report should be included. Otherwise it is not possible to share any report with anyone

• Daniel Wilkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a workaround:
        1) Open the report in edit mode.
        2) Apply filters.
        3) Save
        4) Export to PowerPoint

• AJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

H2 = Second half of the fiscal year.

Just an FYI for everyone :)

Wish it was sooner that that but oh well atleast they have it in their plan for now.

• Adeel Ahmad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for the update. I have my fingers crossed.

I just hope we don't botch up this implementation like the last time we tried implementing this same idea -

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6708045-power-point-integration

That time you said H2 (2016) as well but ended up giving a tiny and very limited preview and then closed the idea. Don't do it this time please.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amazing news. This makes powerBi a true professional product for my company. Very exited to see this implemented in H2.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my guess is "H2" means 2nd half of the year ... It would be nice to get a firmer date as my project that would most benefit from this feature, deploys in June

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great news. This is crucial to larger companies to prevent maintaining multiple instances of the scame report

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.