How can we improve Power BI?

Export to PowerPoint with filters applied

PowerPoint Export to take into account filters that have been applied to the report prior to export. This is essential for users which need to filter on historic dates and then wish to export the report with those details.

101 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Justin WlliamsJustin Wlliams shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Sirui SunAdminSirui Sun (Admin, Microsoft Power BI) responded  · 

Hey all – we’re looking into how best to tackle this and other filter/slicer-related functionality. We’ve put together a short survey to better understand different use cases and what improvements would make the experience better.  If you have a few moments, the survey takes about 10 minutes to complete.  We appreciate your feedback!
    https://aka.ms/x998cx

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnnieAnnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need users to be able to make filter/slicer selections on each page and then export the entire report with those selections. I also second somebody else who suggested being able to choose which pages get exported, but that is secondary to being able to export filtered reports since you can already export single filtered pages as pdf. A better option might be an option to Export, then you choose which pages to export, then you choose what type of file to output your selections to.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Important when export to power point:

1. Each ppt slide could have a direct URL/link to a page with specific filters applied. (not only general link to a report on powerbi.com). It gives a user possibility to quickly jump to data, get the latest one, see current view.

2. Each ppt slide could have info about filters applied. Maybe another link or in Power Point notes or just a small text on a bottom of a slide. It is important because there cases one view can be filtered on dozens of combinations.

• BalaBala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"SAP Business Objects" has a feature that enables exporting an "Interactive Dashboard" from SAP BO to Power Point as well as to PDF that remains INTERACTIVE in PPS and PDF formats! It would be worth taking a look at this feature, especially both Power BI and Power Point are the Microsoft Products!

• Dan DayDan Day commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. Export to PowerPoint is a bit useless without this.
        At the moment i have to use the snipping tool to achieve what i want.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.