How can we improve Power BI?

Set default visualization formats

A dedicated place to set defaults for all Power Bi visuals. If I always want my titles to be 15pt font, and my general font to be 12 pt, I currently have to set on each visual.

265 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brittany Ayers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Colors can be controlled in the JSON file but font size and type alone would be a huge benefit! Then even better to differentiate headers.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please!!! Let us set our default font type, size, color, etc.. very time consuming to change every visual

• Jared Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This and ideally the ability to change all fonts on a report at once. Or the ability to do all of each of the Format sections.

• scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every Microsoft productivity application allows for the setting of default formats and/or the mass change across the document of format settings. I do not understand why this limitation exists in PowerBI Desktop.

• umut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if you increase Default font size. So we dont need to change individual visualizations

Yes, this would help ensure that all Power BI reports are brand compliant without needing to do a lager amount of editing which can be time consuming

• Shaun Wadsworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful for organisations to be able to implement a corporate style in Power BI. This includes setting the font style, font size and default colours. It should be simple to apply the style to reports that are loaded into the Power BI service for the organisation or developed in PBI developer for the organisation.

• Bill Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide the ability to change the default font family. I want Arial, but have to change every piece of every visual individually.

• Stephanie Hill Simione commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Saving custom colors too. Whenever I want to use brand colors I have to type them in or select something that already has that color so that it will appear in my palette.

Please implement a way to change the defaults.. no one over the age of 40 can possibly easily read 8pt font.. I have to change EVERY bi I create..

• vergara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Set default by visual and if you change anything all pages that report update

• D. Pearce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet another reason I continue to use Excel as my primary reporting UI. 20 years of a mature UI, well worked out with years of revisions.

• Dineth Prabash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

indeed. Ideal way as I see it, to have preferences in file menu and change default values of any setting, format etc...

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.