How can we improve Power BI?

Paid Power BI Desktop pro

We want a paid non throttled Power BI Desktop Pro edition
With the following features
1- Printing.
2- Official support for analyse in Excel: only in a local Computer.
3-Capability to generate a password protected pbix file, any PowerBI desktop user can open the file, but they can see only the reports not the data model, only a pro user with the correct password can unlock the file, so at least we can use pbix as a way to securely share reports.

That’s all, Microsoft can make it as a subscription product, I think there is a market for that, all those “Power” Excel/Access/Proclarity/Tableau/Qlik users that want a pure and sophisticated self-service solution, and cannot use the cloud nor SSAS server

95 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mimoune Djouallah shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bret Carr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simply being able to lock down the setup (think Protected Sheets in Excel) of the PBIX/PBIT only seems logical. If you can do it with all other Microsoft Applications, why is this one just open to whomever?

I also have some unique code in my Queries that I wrote that has value and I'd rather not have someone lift it out for their own use!

• Brian Spiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! In part for those cases where an environment still holds us to a 32-bit Office/Excel install. We could still run a 64-bit PBI-Desktop!
    (Yes, I hate to admit we are still 32-bit Office for some old Office API's in use.)

• Imke Feldmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very good idea! The main features I see for an attractive and reasonable paid model are:

1) "Sharing" PBI-desktop-content in a server-like way without the overhead that comes from installing SQL-server on prem

2) Real incremental load

(Yes, 1) could cannibalize SQL-server-sales, but I see also a good chance to make this a smooth transition-path towards a SQL-server-solution later on)

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.