How can we improve Power BI?

Paid Power BI Desktop pro

We want a paid non throttled Power BI Desktop Pro edition
With the following features
1- Printing.
2- Official support for analyse in Excel: only in a local Computer.
3-Capability to generate a password protected pbix file, any PowerBI desktop user can open the file, but they can see only the reports not the data model, only a pro user with the correct password can unlock the file, so at least we can use pbix as a way to securely share reports.

That’s all, Microsoft can make it as a subscription product, I think there is a market for that, all those “Power” Excel/Access/Proclarity/Tableau/Qlik users that want a pure and sophisticated self-service solution, and cannot use the cloud nor SSAS server

43 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mimoune DjouallahMimoune Djouallah shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian SpillerBrian Spiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! In part for those cases where an environment still holds us to a 32-bit Office/Excel install. We could still run a 64-bit PBI-Desktop!
        (Yes, I hate to admit we are still 32-bit Office for some old Office API's in use.)

• Imke FeldmannImke Feldmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very good idea! The main features I see for an attractive and reasonable paid model are:

1) "Sharing" PBI-desktop-content in a server-like way without the overhead that comes from installing SQL-server on prem

2) Real incremental load

(Yes, 1) could cannibalize SQL-server-sales, but I see also a good chance to make this a smooth transition-path towards a SQL-server-solution later on)

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.