How can we improve Power BI?

Conditional Formatting for Total and Subtotals in Matrices

The recent addition of conditional formatting for values is wonderful. However, it would be great to have the ability format subtotals and totals, as the variation on those fields are often even more important to draw attention to.

2,429 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
backlog  ·  AdminAmanda Cofsky (Program Manager, Microsoft Power BI) responded  · 

Thanks for the feedback! While this isn’t (yet!) on our near term roadmap, please keep voting and giving us feedback on the idea. We definitely see the need and will update the idea when we are closer to adding this feature.

290 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why isn't this on the near term roadmap. It's significantly more important than a lot of features that have been rolled out recently.

We recently moved to power BI. and noticed there is no conditional format on subtotals and totals which is annoying. My previous small BI had this feature.

subotals and Grand totals to have conditional formatting based on the value will be highly favorable in reporting world

Vital feature missing in Power BI. Would be great to have it available at the earliest.

• Michael Hughes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have an update on this please! Its so frustrating to explain to analysts that such a basic thing can't be achieved and is causing resistance to moving platforms

• Yi Guo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is really necessary. At the end of the day what the management cares about is whether a division can achieve its total financial target.

• Andrew Humphrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe it doesn't do this for subtotals already. Should have done this from day one! This is pretty basic stuff.

Please implement this feature! As it is currently not working, it blocks us from using it in our reporting..

• Victor Neves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to request the implementation of this feature. I consider it as basic functionality along with Conditional Formatting for values, because it's as important. That's one thing that I'll definitely hear "I can do that on Tableau" from others and which PowerBI can easily do better.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.