How can we improve Power BI?

More flexible Conditional Formatting in Tables and Matrixes

More flexible Conditional Formatting in Tables and matrixes.
The current color customization in tables is very limiting. I need more than 3 color choices.
I should be able to add multiple values and assign colors to each.

290 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    romangromang shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark DuffillMark Duffill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow any format for each condition. Allow multiple conditions. Support single format, rather than diverging, for each condition, and so have consistent colors for each range of values. Support dynamic values in setting conditions.

• MA RobertsMA Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just thinking, with a dashboard we're developing, it would be great to assign the diverging point to something other than just the midpoint. In our case, assigning it to a specific value is worthless - depending on the slicers used, those values could change dramatically (especially if slicing on time and looking at only a fraction of the total). Much better to be able to say "when this is over 35% / 40% / 60% then color it."

• AmyAmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The conditional formatting should be able to deal with any kind of column, not only on measurements. Also, It should be able to do whatever user wants, not only the color.

• MarcMarc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Addition to this: The ability to conditional format text. For instance when running a process and conditional format endstatus: "Success" as green and "Failed" as red colour.

• GabrieliusGabrielius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also need to format not only the background, but also on the text: introducing background color changes sometimes ruins the beauty of the report.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.