How can we improve Power BI?

More flexible Conditional Formatting in Tables and Matrixes

More flexible Conditional Formatting in Tables and matrixes.
The current color customization in tables is very limiting. I need more than 3 color choices.
I should be able to add multiple values and assign colors to each.

421 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

romang shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if this could include the ability to colour code the background of the Rows value to that of a chart that users the same column. So if I have a Pie chart showing products and Bikes are coloured Red, and Cars are Coloured Blue, then if I drag a matrix and include the Product, then I would like to colour the background to the same colours.

• Mikko Lääperi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - Coloring the rows, coloring based on result of another value, coloring based on another variable are all valid requirements.

• Wildmight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Coloring the rows, coloring based on result of another value, coloring based on another variable are all valid requirements.

• Shtefan Valery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to do "color by column" as "sort by column": to do colorization of my rows by the field (by the values - to choose color for exact value), that is not showed in the matrix.

• Joe Katuzienski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to format rows based on calculations as well. maybe include this as an option in a measure like

if(id.value > 0, row.red, row.green)

for example

• sdegroot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love a conditional formatting table! We have one table that is made up of different measures for different rows. Each cell containing the value needs to be color coded as Green for above target, yellow for in between and red for below. Crossing my fingers that this will be possible some day!!

• Wildmight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, assigning color to certain values -ranges (just like in Excel) would be useful... please see if you can expand this functionality..thank you!

• Tony Gill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Coming from SSRS, this is really needed; I feel so powerless and not able to have that distinction in my powerbi reports as a result

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe my situation is different, but my issue is that the conditional formatting defaults to a range approach between the colors. Sometimes I just need something as simple as GREEN / YELLOW / RED. It'd be nice to have more flexibility towards greater complexity AND simplicity for different report readers.

• Massimiliano Rivabeni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Matrix I would like to color some rows, for example subtotals, from the Head of the row to the last data of that row. The different level of subtotals have to be colored in different color.
        This is very helpfull for example with a cascading subtotals report.
        thk

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.