How can we improve Power BI?

Power BI desktop - sign in with personal MS account issue

I'm having trouble signing in using a personal MS account, where the account name/email is also associated with a corporate MS account.

I have an MS account set up that uses my work email address, and I have an MSDN subscription that is associated with that account. That subscription gives me access to Azure, where I have data (in Data Lake) that I want to query.
Recently, my company started using Office 365 and my email address is now also associated with an organisation style MS account.
In Power BI Desktop I want to sign in using my personal MS account, so that I can access my Azure data, but when I try to sign, after entering my email address, I get taken to the company branded password entry page, and it doesn't accept my personal account password.
Consequently, I can't get to my Azure data from within Power BI Desktop.

Please can you update the sign in process to ask which style of account I want to sign in as? (In the same way that signing in to Azure portal does.)

4 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Paul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have Office 365 Home and a Microsoft account. This same Microsoft account is linked to Azure where I am trying to test Power BI in the cloud

Why can I not connect it up, given that I would have been paying Azure subscription fees.

I have two purposes - I want to test run cloud analytics for myself as I'm always exploring new technologies but I also cannot make a business case to my company that we should look at this when I cannot show what I have done and demonstrate that it would be beneficial.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.