How can we improve Power BI?

Improve sorting

Improve sorting options, maybe also a panel for a custom sorting in each visual object (kind of sorting designer)

46 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add a sort column or row to help sort the items properly but then hide the item from the end users.

• Toby Fulton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can you make custom sorting easier!! Setting up custom sort tables and relationships is very time consuming and not user friendly!! Custom sorting is such a core functionality.

• Bryan Kelley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enhanced sorting capability is strongly desired as existing business processes and workflows expect to see lists in a defined (mostly custom) order.

• Alex Carmichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

See how Tableau does this. It's simple and powerful. I absolutely hate having to create sort order columns every time I want to change a sort order.

• Christopher Hazel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In particular I'd like to be able to sort the values in a table and lock the user from changing it.  Additionally, I'd like to be able to base my sorting on a field that I'm not necessarily showing in the table (or at least a field I can "hide").  Multi-level sorting of course would be an additional great add.  Perhaps sort options should be in the filters sections.  Obviously this might apply to other visualizations besides tables - maricies in particular. 

Thanks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.