How can we improve Power BI?

Automated exporting of PowerPoint files from Dashboards, Reports

This is with regards to the new Export to PowerPoint Feature.
We would like to have this automated.
For instance, every 30th, a background job should kick in and automatically, generate the PowerPoint slides of certain Power BI Dashboards or Reports and save it in a folder or send it as an e-mail to a few people. This will be a great feature. Let us know.

Is this possible?
Can we achieve this?

91 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Karthick S shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Eric V. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An API call from MS Flow to kick off a PPT-exported report run, to a OneDrive <- would be great.

• Jacques commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Brilliant idea! Especially smaller teams/organisations using Pro (not premium) licences where Free viewing is not possible, but there is no way of justifying Pro accounts to all members or purchasing Premium.

• Aleksander Puntervold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 This is needed! Not all co-workers take an active role and visit the statistics, so it would be helpful to auto-send a report to them on a regular basis. Not all have access to PC either, so it would be very helpful to auto-send.

• Robert Friend commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an ideal solution for me to use at work so that a Power BI pro report can be emailed to multiple users defined in the export criteria.

I'm surprised that this wasn't included to start with

Please put it in...it would be the icing on the cake for me. :) :) :)

• bertim182 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a lot of data-frames and different reports - one report by client. I really want to exports these reports automatically beacuse it would take a lot of time if i'm going to do manually one-by-one.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea!!

Feature-wise i would like to refer to data driven subscriptions in SSRS - thats a proven feature set which accommodates practically every possible business need.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.