How can we improve Power BI?

Ability to create display folders in Power BI Workspaces

As Power BI becomes more widely used, the number of dashboards and reports in my workspace (and the group workspaces I'm a part of) are rapidly increasing. Within any workspace, it's overwhelming and confusing to navigate between reports and dashboards due to the sheer volume of items.

Please add an ability to create display folders in the Power BI service. Ideally these folders could contain reports, dashboards, and datasets - they would not be asset-specific. This would allow me to group content by subject areas or clients, rather than by content type. Within any given display folder, the content can then be divided out into Dashboards/Reports/Datasets as is currently done.

This additional flexibility will improve the user experience within the service and allow more organization and customization for each individual user.

644 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jared KnutzenJared Knutzen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.