Audit log improvements
With the increasing user base for PowerBI, it would be nice to capture below details in the audit logs for better management.
* Session log in timestamp
* Session close/log out timestamp
* Location of the User
* Session duration
* User actions on the dashboard like actions on slicers, page visits, page filters, report filters, data exports, time spent on each page etc.,
Aaron Chandler-Worth commented
PBI's ability to report on itself is lacking significantly. Please provide improved holistic administrative reporting and cohesive API endpoints to make administration not an obstacle to adoption. It's missing features like these that keep us on competitors products.
1.We should also have details on the data being displayed to user.
2. There shall be ability to sniff through the newly created/refreshed dashboard for any PII or PCI information.
3. We can not just depend on Metadata, example the field name may be Nick Name, but one might store the PII data in it.
4. Ability to restrict users from creating or sharing information
It would be helpful to see the time that each query takes in the Power BI Desktop file or Power BI Service Log for each refresh.