How can we improve Power BI?

Disable share buttons

Option to disable the share buttons (Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook and share itself) in the embed code. I am using the embed code to post the report in a sharepoint page with in the company by this would prevent a public sharing.

401 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

68 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NityaNitya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Security of data is extremely important - this is much needed to be confident in using Power BI without doubts and reservations.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The best implementation of this would be to allow one to show or hide the buttons AND IT'S EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.

• Apol VillamorApol Villamor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

URGENT ! - Need this SHARED features to be removed immediately. This is a huge security loop holes.

• E1E1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is EXTREMELLY important!! Even if we use PRO paid accounts, sometimes we need to publish a report to web, but we dont want to give the viewing user the power to SHARE AGAIN that report. we want to block the sharing ability whenever we publish that HTML code.
        PLEASE, implement that feature URGENTLY!!

• Daniel JensenDaniel Jensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is urgently needed! We use a paid version of PowerBI but often need to share embedded links with donors. Obviously we can't ask the donor to buy a license, and it would be a huge hassle for us to buy them one ourselves, as this would require us to provide them with an organization email and login info.

Our donors really like having a link they can save and open from anywhere to see our progress in near-real time. It's frustrating that we have to trust them not to share the information we give them.

• siaccsiacc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This option is important to be provided. Especially in case of sensitive data.
        Best regards.

• MOHAMMAD MUSLEHMOHAMMAD MUSLEH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

don't like the idea of giving the end user an option to share company's data to the outside world! there has to be a way to configure that either globally or per report not to show those options

Easy win for all of us and very easy to implement PowerBI team!

Embedding options still need a lot of work, the sharepoint options is far from useful.

Totally agree with this.

But i think i know why Microsoft will not implement this and is not telling publicly.
        Currently this is only way to share BI Pro report ( auto refresh and other BI pro features) with users who are using BI free or without registration. Now if Microsoft removes the share button, most of organisations will use this to share reports with internal users without paying anything to MS as it gives fairly okay security (when you mask the address) and full power to read only the report.

As other idea have come up, where the licensing should allow for view only reports to large set of users without full charge of pro user or even be completely free. But MS is not ready to lose revenue yet.
        So in the end its all about $$ and MS saying Pay up for privacy or lose privacy and use for free.

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really don't want to encourage posting my reports on facebook/linkedin/twitter. Would like a simple configuration option when creating the web link.

• TomasTomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it is important to remove it as it encourages users to share the information to their family/friends on facebook.

Also wondering why the votes keeps decreasing? I seem to recall it was around 700 a couple of months ago.

• PastarnakPastarnak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely. The link should have privacy measures to prevent from sharing/stealing information.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.