How can we improve Power BI?

Generate reports automatically and send to clients

I would like to create a report template which will Generate reports automatically based on template and send to clients based on individuals. Just like a monthly billing to customer, daily revenue/business report to MD or higher management in their mailbox rather they have to login then browse reports manually. I have not seen such report template which is given by Crystal Report. I would like this feature to be given by Microsoft.

20 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Shamshad Ali shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shamshad Ali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is similar like below asked:
    https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13422336-scheduled-export-of-a-report-to-pdf

There should be
    1- Report template, based on that template, the system can generate reports,
    2- Target audience to receive individual's email, the report might be like link or PDF or excel or any other readable format,
    3- Proper/customized scheduling system when to shoot email to which client.
    4- Admin can easily customize reports/schedules based on individual needs.

We already have implemented this using SQL Job/Crystal reports (Templates)/ stored procedures for sending attachments in pdf to each customer with their data.

I would suggest all should be in one platform. Trouble shooting, deployment and management would become much easier.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.