How can we improve Power BI?

Extend "Include In Report Refresh" Further

The new "Include in Report Refresh" released in July 2016 is a great addition - now the data modeller can selectively turn on/off tables to be refreshed.

It would be great to allow the user to set parameters and events to control when a table is refreshed. Eg a parameter that says "if a server cannot be found, then skip the refresh for a certain table". Maybe also allow users to set other events (or error codes) where selective processing can be managed. This will allow granular management of refreshing when a user needs to partially refresh a workbook as described here http://exceleratorbi.com.au/?p=17985

91 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt Allington shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrey Minakov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's very strange not to have ability to just append data to uploaded before. I think this should be in the product from the very beginning.

• Anurodh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The power bi schedule refresh should be customized and allow refresh of specific data tables also. Some tables data is static and do not need any refreshing but the schedule refresh refreshes entire dataset. please solve this to make this functionality better

• Nick Raphael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a table of 50 million rows that never changes. I have a table of 1 thousand rows that needs hourly refreshing. Unless I can exclude the 50mill table from hourly refreshing, then I'm pretty much boned.

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Error and event handling for this feature will elevate it to a benefit!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.