How can we improve Power BI?

Ability to use multiple fields on a legend like an Excel pivot chart

When I build a pivot table in Excel I can have a legend with multiple metrics. So I can then compare a Scenario, and a price, and a region. I cannot seem to do this in PBI where I can only have 1 field in the legend

321 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dewayne Delk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can this be implemented it's a real blocker to plotting benchmark data alongside another legend

How is this still not a thing in Power BI 3 years after the original request???

this is a constant requirement of mine but can never implement. please look into this

• 63xinxin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's true. I really need a line legend when I use the column and line combo chart so that I will have several benchmarks to show in the plot. And the reason I want it to be a legend is because users can select the benchmarks they need in the slicer. But now, I can only add multiple lines in the value field manually and it is fixed.

Yes Please.
    My scenario is where as a test, each model has a series of 3 or lines (which the line chart handles fine), but to compare two or more models' lines to each other.

As a current work-around, I am overlaying two line charts directly on top of each other in order to compare their lines. But this is not very flexible - say in case I want to compare a 3rd model.

• Konstantin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just spend 4 hours trying to do this - I just can't belive that it's still impossible !!

• Jesse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Current workarounds for this are extremely fragile and difficult to maintain. This feature would save me a ton of headaches.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.