See Records feature improvements
The 'See Records' feature is a great feature but is not complete. It needs to be able to
- Be used with all types of visuals (charts, tables, matrix, custom visuals)
- Compatible with Calculated measures
- Allow for feature to be turned on or off for each individual visual
Luciano Cristo commented
Since General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR was implemented on Europe its a demand to disable the Record acess to users.
We need the Point 3 implemented fast.
Rodrigo Rodas commented
Sensitive data has to be protected, please add a "Disable See Records" function.
This is critical for us for the following reasons.
1. Some data used behind charts should be hidden from the end users. Should have option to turn off/on
2. The same applies to being able to export the chart. Should have option to turn off/on export data on each chart.
3. There are times when we would like to add additional columns to the "Show Data" table. I.e. alot of the charts are created using Unique keys but there are further fields that would be more useful for the end user consumption. This would help us move away from having unnecessary tables on dashboards.
Karan Thopte commented
I agree with Point 3 for Privacy control.
I agree consistency with all types of visuals is important. For our dashboards we only want to allow access to visuals, as some of the underlying data contains confidential information that are not suitable to be exposed to some areas in our large organisation.
point 3 about the ability to turn it off is critical for privacy
I also wished to have the option to turn off the 'See Records' feature.
I need all 'see records' from all charts, cards, maps and visualization
Charles J commented
Also, add customization for what columns we see in the See Records view !
David Byrne commented
Need this feature also, used a technique to use columns on a matrix, which allows for see records, however you lose the ability to individually conditional format each column when doing this!!!
Hey, come on! Basic feature!
Sohaib AlHusseini commented
I see this feature is vital!
Really need feature 3 - Allow for feature to be turned on or off for each individual visual
Yes, all 3 are needed.
+ the ability to reorder the columns and turn off and on other columns from the data set.
#3 is critical and standard on other competing products
#3 is critical - same from my side !!
#3 is critical
Very important, please make it possible to only show aggregated data and hide the "see records" for reports and dashboards
We also need to be able to disable it for the entire report or page