How can we improve Power BI?

Allow Table and Matrix Data Exports to Match PowerBI Visual

I have volumes of information to share with my teams that is best presented in tables and matrices. It would be a huge improvement if they were able to export the data from the visualizations and have the formatting in Excel match the formatting created within PowerBI.

This would be especially helpful for ongoing forecasting activities.

1,601 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

WALTER shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

299 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Over 2 years people have been asking for this along with the ability to print. Microsoft seems absolutely tone deaf to it's users. Even our old version of Cognos could do this.

• Marc Ybarsabal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this happen! This has to be the #1 Power BI feature that would make the greatest impact in the world. I would personally nominate the developer for a Nobel Peace Prize.

We need this feature ASAP!!!! Data source in csv format?!?! Can't believe we are still stone age!!!

@osamu Murayama, I'm trying your extension but it does not work. When I click the button on my Chrome ribbon it says "unknown error". Is there any known limitation?

A must - we have to have a method to extract data to excel which retains matrix and list formatting...

• Bobby Kendall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is frustrating exporting matrix or table data to excel as it provides the underlying data and you have to reformat the table data in excel. Maybe I am missing something but this seems like low hanging fruit that would greatly benefit the masses!? Please prioritize this higher than backlog.

Hi,

Feedback from our users is when they export a table they would like the column widths to fit the data. Currently for each column they need to go through and expand the width. This is also causing problems on the financial reports as it shows as ### so its assumed there is no value. More IT literate people know this to be an indicator to expand the column.

Does Power BI have an export option for formatting of this simple level or have a solution that you could add to Power BI in Q1/Q2 of this year?

• Rachel Shaffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All of the work I've done to create my data in PBI is useless to the end user if they cannot export it in the exact same layout as the Matrix

why is this still on backlog , more than 2 years
        it is one of the most request of the end user that need this

Not being able to export Matrix data in same format is a main source of noise from our businesses

Yes this is very important feature as business users in our organisation needs to export data with same formatting for their presentations.It will be great if this feature can be included.

Yes this is very important feature as business users in our organisation needs to export data with same formatting for their presentattions.It will be great if this feature can be included.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.