How can we improve Power BI?

Allow Table and Matrix Data Exports to Match PowerBI Visual

I have volumes of information to share with my teams that is best presented in tables and matrices. It would be a huge improvement if they were able to export the data from the visualizations and have the formatting in Excel match the formatting created within PowerBI.

This would be especially helpful for ongoing forecasting activities.

1,824 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

WALTER shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

338 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Beth H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Crazy that you can build a matrix in Power BI and then have to create a Pivot Table once exported.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a needed!!!!! function - how has this not been done already! i cant even copy and paste it out - FFS!! get on with it!! (i cant 'sell' this to my blue chip organisation without this basic functionality!!!)

• Kristin K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this! It would be incredibly helpful to our organization. We just started using PowerBI and aren't necessarily going to stick with it if we can't have what should be a basic feature!

Why is this still not a thing in PBI? Seems like a common sense piece of functionality. My manager just walked away shaking his head and muttering about Microsoft software.

• Adam Kruzel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hadn't used Power BI in a couple months and recently had a client request the ability to do this. Thought maybe this simple feature would've been added considering the vote count and age. Disappointed that I have to go back and say no essentially forcing them back to Excel.

Lack of this single feature may actually cause us to steer away from using PowerBI completely and stay with Business Objects. Why can nearly every other product out there do this but PowerBI, even SSRS does this without a problem?

Power_BI subscription is not available is India as customer is using the SQL Services in central India but Power BI is in Singapore. so user are getting slow connection due the same. Power BI is not available in India still and also we are not able to move the subscription in India. Please provide the option in future for the same. so that users can get the streamline connectivity with Power Bi and SQL Services.

• Angie McDaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Summarized data into 14k rows in Matrix view with 13 columns. Exporting in this format would be extremely useful.

• Agostinho Ferreira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really hard to explain to business users that Power BI is super powerful for so many things but fails on just a basic export to Excel...

Mainly the export on the matrix element not having the cells merged (using the non stepped layout) confuses people

appreciate excel needs to be phased out
    but in the meantime this really does block power bi being used as a reporting tool
    please try to prioritise

• Richard Schaeffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is HUGE for us. I'm trying to replace existing structure with PowerBI and not having this is making it an uphill battle.

Having to repivot the table completely defeats the purpose of exporting to Excel..if the intent was to get data only why would anybody waste time on getting it in required pivot format..to make things worse, export to PDF also doesn't get all vertical matrix

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.