How can we improve Power BI?

Turn off tooltip and remove default tooltip

Ability to turn off tooltip and ability to remove the default tooltip (ie the columns used to create the visual).

371 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mahimabedi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the ESRI maps, there is no Tooltip tab under the format pane. Like it should show Border followed by Visual header, without Tooltip as an option in between as would be the case with bar or line chart visuals.

How should I remove certain tooltip values in this case?

• Pranay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can try setting the transparency to 100% which will act like hiding the default tooltip yet we can use Report Tooltip.

• Lei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove button default tooltips 'CTRL + click here to follow link'. Thanks

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding custom expressions, including the integration of charts/sparklines into tooltips is a very commonly used case. This would be a substantial feature to have added to Power Bi reports as well as SSRS reports.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remove tooltip would be very useful to reduce redundant information shown to end user.
    Editing/formatting tooltip is also very important!
    Thanks

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a Top-N on the tool tip would be tremendously useful - e.g. if you have a line graph with 100+ categories, it would be useful to see the top 10 rather than the default alphabetical sorting.

It would be good if the default tooltip can be modified or deleted, but with the ability to add custom tooltips. For example, in an x-y scatter plot, I'd like to hide the numeric Y value from the tooltip but add my own custom tool tips like person name.

• Joseph Feeley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow us to remove the default tooltip! It would really improve/clean up the display my reports.

• Kristinn Thor Sigurjonsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to disable the default values in the tooltip. For example when I have a multi value column chart and want all measures to be shown in the tooltip the measure I am hovering over appears twice....this is annoying.

Image URL's are very long.

It is imperative to have the option to turn them off

• Chams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do not fix the height of the document make it grow automatically

Would be very useful to customize the tooltip, at least on maps. The nagging default values are a nighmare.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.