How can we improve Power BI?

Dynamic Visibility

Based on certain criteria being met, being able to dynamically hide/show a visual can add more flexibility to the tool. For example, use some kind of slicer to indicate whether a bar chart should be displayed or a table.

549 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Adrian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

49 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must add!! please. I have lots of request from clients who wants this features in their reports.

• Lynn Gregory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this function. We really need dynamic visibility on conditions being met or not.

oh my - this is still not available ... Qlik had this 8 years ago. its a basic thing.

Would bring much more flexibility to published dashboards, both for controls on a report page as well as for report pages in a .pbix file / published dashboard. Should be easy to implement now that Show/Hide is available on Selection Pane. Just tie to a Boolean measure instead of a constant.

• Penny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a basic requirement for all BI dashboarding tools, creates many limitations when building dashboards compared to Tableau.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hide/show visuals should also have the ability to depend on the user role / RLS.
        Eg. a user assigned to role A is seeing different visuals than a user assigned to role B. To take it a little bit further: ideally this is implemented in the dashboards too.
        We have lots of reports where different user groups with interest in different granularities look at a report..team manager => show his team(s) & upper management => show just the totals.

• Yogin Joshi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to move from a generic pie chart to a blastogram - for example, pie chart shows Europe as one unit, when user clicks on Europe, the display shows each country separately in an enhanced display

Show other tooltips/graphs based on the level in a matrix (hierarchy). I have sales in countries (header 1), cities (header 2) and streets (header 3) in a matrix structure and i want my tooltip to show the details on each level. So when i hover over/select a country, i want to see a breakdown of all sales in the cities that are in that specific country. When i hover over/select a city, i want to see a breakdown of sales in the streets that are in that specific city. Basically I need to see another graph based on the "selection" in my hierarchy.

Bookmarks aren't allways a solution. I need it to be based on conditions and not based on people clicking on an image.

• Abinash Phuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"This visual has exceeded the available resources." I could solve this issue! Must needed feature.

• Aditya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be an option to delete visuals automatically , if they have an error , say I have 5 charts, but in some case I am only supplied with data for only 3 charts. I want the other 2 charts which would show an error to be cleared up by itself, so I show the 3 charts for this case , and if I have data for all 5 charts , then I can show all 5. Also, somehow formatting the structure , so that the whitespace remaining due to cleared charts can be sorted up.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.