How can we improve Power BI?

Dynamic Visibility

Based on certain criteria being met, being able to dynamically hide/show a visual can add more flexibility to the tool. For example, use some kind of slicer to indicate whether a bar chart should be displayed or a table.

468 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Adrian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And we need to be able to hide a visual if the results are zero or null. So if a number in a card is 0 then I don't want to show the card.

Bookmarks aren't allways a solution. I need it to be based on conditions and not based on people clicking on an image.

• Abinash Phuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"This visual has exceeded the available resources." I could solve this issue! Must needed feature.

• Aditya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be an option to delete visuals automatically , if they have an error , say I have 5 charts, but in some case I am only supplied with data for only 3 charts. I want the other 2 charts which would show an error to be cleared up by itself, so I show the 3 charts for this case , and if I have data for all 5 charts , then I can show all 5. Also, somehow formatting the structure , so that the whitespace remaining due to cleared charts can be sorted up.

• Jessica Lam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!! Definitely need this. Would be very happy if we could show visuals conditionally, based off slicer selections.

• Simo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very very important feature!
        Together with another feature: "Flow Layout Panel" mode on/off to provides dynamically layout for the child visuals that can be arranged horizontally or vertically, according to hide/show of each.

Conditional display is definitely important for an enterprise-grade data visualization application.

Plesae add this feature asap.

• Salvatore Cagliari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A very good request for a interesting feature.

I would be happy if I can set a visual (e.g. a card) to be visible or invisible, based on the displayed value.

• Luis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm think to enable a check box to hide/show the visual
        There's some times, where the visual is not needed temporally and would be better just hide it instead of remove/delete it

• Sujay M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We can eliminate multiple pages if this feature is available. I used to use this a lot in Qlikview

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.