How can we improve Power BI?

Allow copy and paste between different PBIX's

Often we need to expand on an idea from one report further and copy and paste visuals/pages from one PBIX to another. This would be a huge productivity and quality benefit.

3,686 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

290 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If excel allows for this, it would be logical to assume this product should allow it too.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Agree with Mathias, copy/pasting visuals is great but the original suggestion included copy/pasting pages. That would be awesome !

• Sara Ricketts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like this feature, thankyou. One thing that would be more useful is to also bring over custome measures that are included in the object you are copy-pasting - specifically when querying AAS Cube

• Mathias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not done at all. you are missing the copy and paste of pages from one PBIX to another.

• Tom Garvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using copy + paste heavily this morning, saving me hours of time re-organizing a client's large set of PBIX files which (not) surprisingly connect to an inconsistent set of data sources.

Very impressive advance, running just ahead of new Matrix pivot-table-ish functions.

• Carlos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amazing new! Thanks a lot for your incredible work that allows me enjoy my job and extend to infinite limits!

• Wilhelm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, @Mike - I can't answer that. I'm using the straight Pro licence - not aware of the features on reports server. Will let someone else answer that one for us.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are multiple versions of Power BI Desktop I want to know if this will be included in the report server version Power BI on its next release. Because the report server version is missing all kinds of newly added features.

Sorry, @Mike, not sure I understand. The feature is included in the release that is now downloadable since 14 November. (What is Next RS Version?)

Happy to confirm that this is now available in the latest (November 2018) update of Power BI! Thanks for a sterling job!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.