How can we improve Power BI?

Export PowerBI Desktop to CSV/Excel II (remove cap)

This is the continuation of the highly acclaimed "Export PowerBI Desktop to CSV/Excel". It is interesting how you can export from plenty of sources, but are locked up after you complete your analysis.

Lets say recently I faced the challenge of cleaning a database with up to 2 million rows. Although I could import the CSV file to PBI had to select carefully what to export through R interface.

Yes, current CSV export is limited to 10k rows and through R 150k rows. Why I cant have my database back to upload into the system?

28 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Engaged User shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Max Eckemoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen. And it is as simple as changing a limitation field. There should not be a limit for .CSV exports via Power BI Desktop.

• J Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We were evaluating Power BI as a replacement for Cognos, but the 30,000 row limit on CSV exports cripples the tool to the point that we are no longer considering it. Which is really a pity since it does so many neat things.

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that the original idea should not be considered completed. 10,000 rows will not cut it for most users. Moving data back and forth between PBI and Excel should be a seamless process. Perhaps an admin could shed some light on the reason(s) that this basic functionality appears to be being held back.

• Engaged User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, I meant "It is interesting how you can IMPORT from plenty of sources..." odd I cant edit the comment without deleting it...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.