How can we improve Power BI?

scheduled export of a report to pdf

It would be nice if there is an option to have a scheduled export of a report to PDF. A nice to have feature would be to directly e-mail it to people so they are being notified of the latest report.

4,237 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sander shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We recently announced the ability to schedule PDF attachments for Paginated Reports in Power BI (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/e-mail-subscriptions-for-paginated-reports-is-now-available/).
We’re planning to have this ability for Power BI reports as well, but it will take time to put that feature in place.

For folks asking about the ability to print/export the entire table of data to PDF or other format, we’ll be announcing shortly the ability to publish paginated reports using Power BI datasets, which would allow folks to create simple paginated report tables to use for this scenario, as it’s not currently possible to do this with Power BI reports natively at this time.

389 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be greatly helpful to have the ability to export a PDF, CSV, .png, etc of different reports that are embedded within websites. This type of web application serves the purpose of a querying tool for colleagues/clients to use key cuts of data in their own software tools.

• Jimmy Grewal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My understanding is that this will be possible when Microsoft Flow integration is made available later this year. Is that correct?

• anoop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When printing the Power BI Dashboards as PDF the logo png image placed in the report is not getting printed. Please add this feature

Cheers,
    Anoop

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Main reason why we gave up from Power BI. If this or export to excel was there, we would use it for sure...

It would be more helpful if you add this feature to Power BI Tool. We wanted to save as a report(which is having 3 pages in it) to PDF file. Many users are looking for this feature in out org.

• Trevene Leonard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature to have. This is a mandatory requirement for some organisations. Something similar to nPrinting from Qlik would be ideal.

• Mukesh Bhatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This function is key to decide whether we use PowerBI for our service, obviously needed functionality with some limitation of attached data file size like 10 MB in the email.

• Mohamed Abdi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree.. I think there are several power BI ideas now posted all with the request to export the report as PDF and/or JPEG etc. Would really be handy to have this feature in the desktop version.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a part of this, it would be nice to include a timestamp for when the report was printed.

• Daniel Bartley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Defeats the purpose of interactive visualisations to hardcode them as pdf.

SSRS is the tool to achieve this outcome.

Add more robust features to scheduling period (snapshot, caching etc...). Something similar to data driven subscriptions in SSRS. I use reporting services for a lot of things where I could use power BI, but the lack of scheduling tools especially email delivery is a reason I don't

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.