How can we improve Power BI?

content groups with external members

Could it be possible to add members to content groups who are outside my organisisation. ideally using email addresses

67 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mohit Leekha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update of this please? It is been asked for some time now and is very important for the organisations having different domains.

• shaweta mutneja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update of this please? It is been asked for some time now and is very important for the organisations having different domains.

• Ron Burris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please follow up with this idea. It is very important to our organization which is a holding company with many internal users having "external" emails.

• Pierre Deriaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all the comments. The restriction to share the BI report with my customer is truly incomprehensible. Very furstrating and short sighted.

• CK Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just don't understand why you want to restriction how we shared our information with vendor or client? What a dumb idea! The reason we used power bi for it's impressive UI intereact and on web and we can share with person we choose.

• Sachin Doshi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would prefer to share it with customer who is a different organization but we have a alliance with them.

• Rod Watkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been working for with my IT on and off for a year trying to get our settings adjusted so I can introduce Power BI to the organization. I thought the whole point of Power BI, which is what I "sold" to management, was that I could share to a broad audience, both in and out of the organization, including the many companies we work with. Now I'm hearing this is not supported! Seriously?

• Audrey Abbey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company actually has multiple email domains.
    I cannot even scale this to the rest of the enterprise.

Which is frustrating because I have 100% buy in from all management levels to make this our solution.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We work with different clients and some clients also have foreign department with different domains. So please make it possible to add members from different domain in groups.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.