How can we improve Power BI?

Gantt by Time and Planned v Actual

The Gantt Visual should allow greater granularity i.e. include time: Hours, Minutes, Seconds. This should be part of the axis and duration.

An alternative to "Completion" could be an 'actual' input i.e. [Actual Started] and [Actual Ended]. This will show Planned v Actual in a Gantt.

190 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ClarkClark shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DiegoDiego commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have this visual to measure all the operations in a manufacturing process

• NaserNaser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any improvement to Gantt visual is appriciated, as it is the only visual to leaverage Power BI for Project management reporting

• Gabriel GrünbergGabriel Grünberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a bit of a showstopper right now.

Prefered solution from my perspective is to base this on seconds.

ie. you input a whole number or decimal second value and get Power BI gives you options how you want to present it.

Dream scenario would be to have checkboxes for what you want to have as part of the value:
        years, months, days, hours, min, seconds, milliseconds.

or just a couple of preconfigured settings:
        d hh:mm:ss
        hh:mm:ss
        and so on.

• Tyler BoveingtonTyler Boveington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice include seconds too, to be able to analyze machine process durations. I am trying to create a graph that will show when a piece of equipment was on, idling, and off during the production shift . Thanks!

• JonJon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for hours and minutes. Looking to create a dashboard to analyse SSIS packages and duration

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with others, must be hours. I work in a production environment and the ability to add shifts to this would be great. Somewhere I can program in my shift beginning and end times and have the data relevant to this.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.