How can we improve Power BI?

Proper dashboard printing

This is an extension of https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6806294-allow-proper-printing due to the fact that if an idea is marked completed, I haven't yet seen Microsoft checking to evaluate any feedback on that release. I went to use the print button and all the visualizations were messed up on the printouts and there's no way to get a print preview to see if visualizations,etc are situated as they need to be. If there is a way to do this, it's not obvious to the user.

335 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Adam Kruzel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Following over three months dedicated development to get a report stack from SSRS and Excel into PowerBI with really positive user feedback, hugely disappointed to discover that we're back to the snipping tool and PowerPoint at a final publication layer.

Please investigate this.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I send a weekly email to report users with the links to the dashboard and a PDF of the dashboard that day - it is in the smallest font believable and needs to be blown up to 800% to be readable. That seems really dumb. Can the printing be addressed, please?

• Stefanie Münsterer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It´s nescessary to print the hole dashboard on more sites (maybe dashed lines
    for the areas of the single pages are superimposed, to know how big my grafics
    can be).
    Or to have the option to export the grafics into Power-Point and than to print.

Need to print whole matrix tables. Can we have an option to print just one visual with some print options? I'd be super happy with an export option that gives a pivot table in Excel as an alternative.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The need to print all rows in a matrix is critical. At the moment, the print functionality is only a print screen function.

• Vinny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Printing all rows of a Gantt chart visualisation is key for me. In IE 11 the 'Print AS Picture' option is the closest thing I can muster to something that prints all rows... but its not great. The background is black in the resulting image (even though it is white in the report) and the font changes also.

• Paul Schaffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For proper business use we need a working and customizeable print-function. Without that it's useless for meetings. Please take care of this asap.

• Jorge Kang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really do need the functionality where it allows us to print the entire contents of the matrix table.

• I Wish MS Cared commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A year ago someone said they were looking into why this idea was marked completed... lol no update since then. This is crazy. If we can't print accurately, we're going to be stuck with Tableau.

Having a printing option with preview and formatting support is needed for a table Can you please improvise the current print option in PowerBI????

• Vini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As mentioned on previous comments, it's also a crucial requirement for us the option to print all rows/cols for a Matrix or Table visualisation (i.e. including "unscrolled" rows/cols)

• Marius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having proper printing functionality and the ability to fully print a table or matrix is crucial functionality for us, and is currently poorly supported in Power BI.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.