How can we improve Power BI?

Be able to easily switch between accounts

Would like to be able to easily switch between different organisational accounts. As an ISV I support multiple customers with multiple logins, switching between them all is a RPITA.

36 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Simon Sabin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Olivier Travers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At a minimum, PBI Desktop should manage Switch Account just like Office apps, i.e. remember accounts and credentials. This is very convenient when you load/save Excel files to Onedrive for Business.

I'd also love to be able to associate specific PBIX files with user accounts, so that opening a client file switches me to their account.

• Ankit Patira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is required in big time for us as well. As a consultant you work on multiple client projects and it would be very useful to switch between accounts

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Huge need for us! We drive adoption at a variety of clients. Not being able to see which account I am logged into is bad enough! But I really need to be able to switch easily between accounts as well.

Thanks! Scott

• jerome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

as a consulting guy, I agree. I have to manage multiple clients and they are switching to Power BI. start to be hard to demonstrate the Cortana integration from my laptop or phone.

• djones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. it is a PITA. As more clients embrace it, it will get even harder

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.