How can we improve Power BI?

Visual level filtering in slicers

I have a large set of options from which I would like to pick some specific ones and use them in a slicer to filter my data.
Currently, this is not possible while it is an implemented feature for other chart types.
I'm currently using a 100% stacked column chart as a workaround.

1,504 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andre Cavaca shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

111 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • VG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support the request. This functionality is very necessary for those of us who migrate our Excel reports to Power BI

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To make this feature really powerful, please also add the ability to add a measure as a visual level filter just like can be done for regular visuals and charts.

• Luiza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that the newly released Smart Filter Pro (must be pro) developed by OKviz might help with this. I've been testing it today, and it's answering my requirements. In a report I can filter by date and then the customer slicer will filter to only give me the customers available for the chosen date interval. Pretty cool, had to watch the demo video a few times to figure out the different capabilities. And I see that this filter also affects other original slicers in the report.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very much needed feature. I am using Direct Query mode and hence cannot make a workaround of calculated Table. Another workaround of hiding a slicer behind another slicer works if u know what values need to be selected. But for me i need TOP 10 values, displayed in Slicer which is dynamic and in direct Query.

It will be good to connect a slicer with a visual and display the values in that visual, an another Idea.

• Marius Sveen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        Would be great if we could filter slicers with measures as well.

test = COUNT ( 'test'[test] )

Then put the "test" measure in visual filter and say you only want to show >= 1

• Arjan Fraaij commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi All,

I voted yes on this subject needed but also Always have my thougts on when a customer is requesting this..

Most of the times they don't want to see blanks, that okay If you could filter don't show blanks, all other also the maybe new data will be shown....

Only I do see when this is available they will also start setting filters on only showing specific values in a filter. Simple only select Yes and No, what if value "Maybe" whould come in and because nobody knows any more what filters are set this will never show..

Page level or report level filters are easy found but keep having diffculties when some made there more Excel like report in Power BI with multiple slicers and start setting all kind of visualization filters.... where to look?

• Kelly Dittmar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There must be something that we're all missing which makes this tough based on the 1,387 votes for this idea since March. Will - Can you share what makes this so difficult that it was excluded from the slicer when it was first deployed?

• Christer Karlsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you also add functionality to allow AND filtering. This means for me that the filter result set is REDUCED to records matching all of the selected slicer items.

This becomes useful when you want to identify records meeting common characteristics in a slicer.

• Scott Powell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would suggest - not only do we need to be able to filter the list of values that show up in a slicer, but also we need to be able to optionally select default values. Looks like this idea was created in 2016...time to get on it...

Scott

• Dian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very critical to have this option for the slicer visual!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.