How can we improve Power BI?

Visual level filtering in slicers

I have a large set of options from which I would like to pick some specific ones and use them in a slicer to filter my data.
Currently, this is not possible while it is an implemented feature for other chart types.
I'm currently using a 100% stacked column chart as a workaround.

2,812 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andre Cavaca shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

143 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Vikram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are 100 categories in my list and I need to select only the top 10/15 for my Slicer. And this top 10/15 keeps changing every month. So I need to be able to dynamically select the top 10 categories in my Slicer so that I can then select a Single category and do multiple analyses on that.

• Philip Usher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow users to custom sort any chart or table. The workaround of joining a column with another table including sort order is long winded and inefficient. PowerBI should ensure it covers all the basic functionality available in Excel - if you made it more Excel-like it would absolutely smash the competition.

• Darryl Dsouza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 years and over 3000 votes.
    When would this idea take priority?
    Or any other updates will be handy too.

• mmilirud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very much needed. Sometimes I need to filter most of the content on the page by a specific filter, but then one or two shouldn't be covered. Since we don't have group filters, visual filters is the next best thing. Today I'm forced to split such elements across multiple pages.

• Karl Geiger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful, especially in the case where one could specify for example a "from" and "to" field towards the visual filter. There are certain use cases where for example where I would like to apply page slicer selection to all visuals, but on a certain visual I would like to allow the user to select a range until (within the range of the main slicer selection). Important for dates for the most part.

• Ben Sanders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is number 8 of the top 10 most voted ideas, with the last note back in January that it was under consideration... When are we going to get an update?

• Andrew Lindner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Waiting for this. Have had to do very clunky search-feature workarounds that involves typing out each value in the search bar for each value from a filtered list, rather than having a simple button that has a bookmarked visual level filter for the slicer.

• Jeo Varghese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality will be really helpful. especially when we have a Drillthrough to a report + additional filtering in that report

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.